Tranny won't go into reverse?

freight hauler

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
Last week the tranny wouldn't go into reverse and other time I had to force it into reverse. Last night it wouldn't go into reverse or first? Stock everything at the tranny and 600hp at the motor, 25,000 miles. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

SVTSnake485

Banned
same shit happened to me..finally i got it into reverse, but later on the highway, while in 5th gear, the shifter started shaking, so i took it outta gear...wouldnt go back into ne gear...performance shop says theres damage on the interior of my tranny

freight hauler

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
ok I'll check the lockout switch. I'm thinking maybe I just smoked the clutch, its getting hard to put into all gears especially after running her hard. I also noticed unless I have the clutch all the way to the floor when I rev it up she jumps forward.

How do you tell if its time for a clutch? Thanks.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
You probably need to adjust your cable. Do you have a firewall adjuster? Aftermarket clutch?

beabout

Established Member
Check owners manual for stock clutch adjustment proceedure. If it doesn't work then you clutch is most likely toast and needs replaced..

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389553

this completely fixed my problem which was the exact problem you are experiencing

it is not the clutch, it is the adjustment of the cable

pulling up on the pedal alone (which is what the owners manual says) does not always do the trick. you need to get under there and hold the quadrant at the same time, at least that is the case with my car.

freight hauler

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389553

this completely fixed my problem which was the exact problem you are experiencing

it is not the clutch, it is the adjustment of the cable

pulling up on the pedal alone (which is what the owners manual says) does not always do the trick. you need to get under there and hold the quadrant at the same time, at least that is the case with my car.

Thanks for the linky, I read the entire thread, and those are the same problems I'm experiencing. I have absolute no doubt that this mod will correct my problems.

Thanks again for the link. Also thanks to jmproductions for posting the info and the poor sole who did the grunt work by flashlight one nite at a stoplight.

Will do this mod when I get home in a day or two (truck driver) not sure when I find home. Thanks to all, will let you know my outcome. Cya, freight hauler.

Users who are viewing this thread