Tranny

93COBRA2104

Established Member
How long does it take for the tranny to go out in these trucks? My dads old 5.0 stangs auto went out at around 125,000 miles. My cobras went out last year with 90,000 on it. Just seeing how long I have before this one goes. Thanks guys,
Milward

Matt95L

Established Member
What year is your Lightning.In 94 they upgraded the tranny and again in 95.Mine has 107k works perfectly with hundreds of 1/4 mile passes.

93COBRA2104

Established Member
Its a 95, just bought her a couple months ago, has had nothing but problems. As soon as I got help figuring out the idle problem, the tranny starts acting up. Thanks,
Milward

Love working on them, hate having to work on them.

scootro

Established Member
93COBRA2104 said:
Its a 95, just bought her a couple months ago, has had nothing but problems. As soon as I got help figuring out the idle problem, the tranny starts acting up. Thanks,
Milward

Love working on them, hate having to work on them.

i hav a 94' all i can say is do some maintnence on your tranny change your fluid and filter and then go from there (use the best transmission fluid money can buy) our trucks are notorous for getting hot or building up to much pressure and shifting incredable hard.......... torque converter problems maybe........a tranny sensor i forgot the name of it............

go to nloc's website and do a search on transmissions you'll find thousands of post about 93' 94' 95' lightnings with the same problems.........u can't post there if your not a member, but you can read the members post

i hope that helps ya
-scoot-

nloc' website gen one's

http://www.nloc.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=398

Matt95L

Established Member
You do not have to be a member to post at NLOC you just have to be registered.I believe the sensor scootro is talking about is the MLPS.

What is the tranny doing?

93COBRA2104

Established Member
starts out fine, top of first gear it sounds and feels like it slips a little, feels fine after it shifts into 2nd. If I barely touch the gas to get moving it doesnt always do it (slip), if i get on it... it will do it everytime.

scootro

Established Member
Matt95L said:
You do not have to be a member to post at NLOC you just have to be registered.I believe the sensor scootro is talking about is the MLPS.

What is the tranny doing?

yep, thats it............... mlps.............

Matt95L

Established Member
MLPS(Neutral safety switch)-When mine went out my truck shifted very sloppy sometimes soft sometimes violently hard.I would be driving along or sitting at a stop light and it would drop out of gear into neutral.

Last edited:

1STGenBrodix

Established Member
I have a 93 L and all i've done to my E4OD is put a level 10 shift kit in it and a 3,000 stall lock-up converter. The tranny has about 143,000 miles on it and the motor its running behind now was dinoed at 563hp. Ive run it for about 10,000 miles with this engine and it runs 11.60's at the track and never slips or missess a beat.

Users who are viewing this thread