TRans Gears sticking??

eddy z

Established Member
I have noticed as of late. When I shift gears, during normal driving conditions, not rodding the car. They stick.. It takes a huge effort to shift from 1 2 3 4. Clutch is fully engaed to the floor. It used to shift smooth and go into each gear with no issues. Now, its a night mare. This never occured before. I have 2000 miles on the car.. Anyone have the same problem?? or suggestions?? Do i need to re adjust the self adjusting clutch cable??

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
Do i need to re adjust the self adjusting clutch cable??

It's not self adjusting, only hydraulic clutches are like that. You have to periodically do it. I lift up on my pedal abot once every 1000 miles. Sometimes you get a click, sometimes you don't.

eddy z

Established Member
Cool, so just lift up the clutch pedal, and hopefully it will re adjust iteself, correct??

I remeber sometime ago, I saw on post on this. But I could not find it..

Any particular procedure I need to do?? Or just ruly lift and oull it up. and listen for a click if any??

I will try that tongiht before driving it.. Anything to avoid a trip to the dealership.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
Cool, so just lift up the clutch pedal, and hopefully it will re adjust iteself, correct??

I remeber sometime ago, I saw on post on this. But I could not find it..

Any particular procedure I need to do?? Or just ruly lift and oull it up. and listen for a click if any??

I will try that tongiht before driving it.. Anything to avoid a trip to the dealership.

I'd read what the owners manual says and do that :thumbsup:

What it does is adjust a little star wheel at the clutch quadrant.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
1. engine off, shifter in 1st gear

2. pull up (with foot or hand) gently on clutch pedal until it stops

3. push it down slowly and you should hear a click

eddy z

Established Member
JB and others--thank you for the help on this.. I will do what JB mentioned tonight.. That saved me a trip to the dealership..

Users who are viewing this thread