trans problems???

9900blueoval

Established Member
couple of quick ????'s third gear popping out just with normal driving ,but when i beat on it it goes in and stays in synchros/shifter fork??(upr shifter steeda adjuster triple hook quad. stock cable) Also when u adjust an adjuster do u want to turn it counter or clockwise ?(if u are standing in front of car for reference)Could it be the clutch (alot of 1.70-1.80's on drag radials)Has onyone that has had this problem please chime in ,and is it worth to rebuild it by bobby hanlon or someone good in the mustang trans world OR try to strip car and warranty it??????????thanx Dan :nono:

FINICKY

Established Member
I dont think you have the triple hook quadrant in your car... If I remember correctly you have the single hook and it made it hard to adjust with the firewall adjuster..You might need to get the double hooker. You need to have free play in the pedal to make sure the clutch is engaging all the way... Try that first before you go rebuilding. Maybe we can modify your quadrant to give the clutch a little more play.

Users who are viewing this thread