Transferring probation from FL to TX

03cobraFL

Established Member
I know in order to transfer my probation from FL to TX I have to file papers at the court house, and then go before a judge. My question is how long of a process can this be, and how likely is it that a judge will grant my request? I have been doing everything I have been asked to do and have not violated my probation at all. Also will my fines still remain the same if I was to transfer to another state, or can TX hit me with some of there state fines once I get there?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I know in order to transfer my probation from FL to TX I have to file papers at the court house, and then go before a judge. My question is how long of a process can this be, and how likely is it that a judge will grant my request? I have been doing everything I have been asked to do and have not violated my probation at all. Also will my fines still remain the same if I was to transfer to another state, or can TX hit me with some of there state fines once I get there?

The judge is under no obligation to allow you to transfer probation to another state. Texas is under no obligation to accept the transfer.

You wont get in front of a judge right away. So there is a wait there, I would bet in Pasco County it is less than 4 weeks. Then usually, he will have probation investigate it and prepare a report. While your fines will remain the same, Texas can charge an administration fee.

Call the county probation office and they should be able to answer all of your questions. Also, call the probation dept in the county in Tx where you intend to live.

03cobraFL

Established Member
The judge is under no obligation to allow you to transfer probation to another state. Texas is under no obligation to accept the transfer.

You wont get in front of a judge right away. So there is a wait there, I would bet in Pasco County it is less than 4 weeks. Then usually, he will have probation investigate it and prepare a report. While your fines will remain the same, Texas can charge an administration fee.

Call the county probation office and they should be able to answer all of your questions. Also, call the probation dept in the county in Tx where you intend to live.

Alright thanks for the reply. If I am denied a transfer, then I will just wait until November when I am eligible for early termination.

Users who are viewing this thread