Transmission and I am kind of fed up thnx Lief Johnson

El Culebra

Established Member
I had my car since June 02, I had the ping problem then I moved to Austin, TX temporarly. Long story short Lief Johnson Ford fixed the ping problem by providing a new head. At the same time the service advisor recommended I get my tranny fixed I must admit my tranny (throw out bearing)? was fine, but I trusted the service advisor. I had to take it back once more becuase my clutch was squeeling at disengage I am pissed off now because I never had a problem with and because I trusted the service advisor I feel I got shafted. I have had problems with other service advisors I think they don't know much about nothing. SVT or not SVT certified. Well the trans is squeeling again I am going to call SVT right before I take my car in again this time in California since I moved back.

Has any one had tranny problems?

I wanted to ask about how you fellow SVT 03 owners feel about the service you've gotten thus far?

I think sometimes you have to do your own home work most of the time I don't trust those guys any more.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
What part of Nor. Cal are you in? Most of the dealers that I have dealt with are crap. Or at least the SVT dealers.

El Culebra

Established Member
Northern California which includes

SJ
Fremont
Oakland
San Francisco
South San Fran

I am sick and tired with incompetance I am going to call Ford Customer Relations and keep calling once a week till something happens or may be not.

Frontier Ford has so far been O.K but I'm not too trusting right now.

mm

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
( how you fellow SVT 03 owners feel about the service you've gotten thus far? )

Stock car and before accepting the car I told them I wanted Idle & surging fixed few trips to dealer now ford says I caused the problem because of using Octang booster wich I never did and offiacial statement now is they won't warranty

Do you really want to know how I feel about how I was treated by Ford for my stock car that is used for car shows only????

I didnt think so

El Culebra

Established Member
My thoughts exactly, but I would still like someone that may be knowledgable in the area of any problems of SVT transmissions in regards to any TSB.

Like I said the SVT service advisor at Lief Johnson Ford in Austin,TX says we need to update your tranny. he says something to do with a throw out bearing that was not servicable so they swapped the tranny with a new one. I didn't really buy it but since I trusted the advisor I agreed. I had to take it back because while I pressed on the clutch it squeeled slightly. I take it back, " wow it was a throw out bearing" replaced and on my way I went. now I move back to California then the squeeling started again. I am pissed at the Lief Johnson Ford service advisor because I believe he had suggested work on my vehicle that it did not need. Lance and Thor what's up with that. The other thing that was strange was that shop had always 4 to 6 03 in there all the time. May be I am over reacting but I hope I was'nt part of a scam. I'm sorry I don't mean to start anything here but I fricken had it I am calling SVT and then Ford Customer relations about this bull shit in competance.

mm

administrator please don't kick me off I have always been a good boy on this forum I had enough of this problem so I'm just venting.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
DUH .....They are a SVT certified dealership thats why they always have a few cobra's there. I can guarantee you there is no scam going on at that dealership. I bet you see black helicopters too. I have had my cobra there twice and have had no problems. Lance and Thor are 1st class. They performed the headswap and repaired my roof liner. The TOB retainer is pressed into the front of these tranny's and FORD does not replace it, they throw in a new tranny. The TOB cause's excessive wear on the housing. I think the housing is a softer metal than the TOB. Mine failed, the whole damn housing was sheared off...I have heard there is a new part, perhaps they have changed the TOB or housing :shrug: Doesn't matter to me... I tossed the factory t-56 6 months ago;-)

Last edited:

El Culebra

Established Member
I was just being sarcastic, don't get me wrong they did an exeptional job replacing the head thus eliminating the tick problem. I may have over reacted in the heat of the moment please exlplain more on your particular tranny it has been the most intellignet answer I have gotten. have you made any mods to your tranny?

I am just sick and fricken tired of have these problems.

Mm

No offense to anyone here I am just a little ticked since I have more problems now than I did before the work put your self in my shoes.

showtm490

Established Member
el, i've been through the samething with gm. i had a 99 camaro ss 6 speed. with 2000 miles on it, my clutch was slipping so i took it back to the service department. they kept it for a few days and told me it was perfectly fine. after a day of driving it, it started slipping again. i did a little research and found out the 98 and newer camaro's were having problems with factory clutches. i informed my dealer and gm and all they had to say was bring it back in and we'll put a new factory clutch in it. i said why do i want a factory clutch when that is the problem? the service guy told me i could have a new clutch put in as many times as i'd like up to my 3yr or 36,000 mile warranty was up. i told him i wanted a heavy duty aftermarket clutch instead and he told me they'd install it but i'd be charged because its not original. i don't understand why car companies don't make quaility products any longer. i guess to keep cost down.

Users who are viewing this thread