Transmission/Clutch TSB

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
If I wasnt to busy staring at your avatar I might have a answer for you. She needs the Patriots symbol, I hate Manning and his herd of Colts!
Manning sore loser!

RSH427R

Established Member
If I wasnt to busy staring at your avatar I might have a answer for you. She needs the Patriots symbol, I hate Manning and his herd of Colts!
Manning sore loser!

That's how I paint my face for the game every Sunday :shrug:

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
mine is fine @ nearly 3 years; it does hiss when engaged, but seems to work great.

my HP life: stock for 800 miles; 560 RWHP for 13K miles; 675 rhwp (and a crap load of dyno time) for the last 3K miles.

Moburto10GT

My 2007 GT500 has almost 46k on the original with no issues other than its does hiss when you first take off. On a side note i'm sure with in the next year i will be replacing it with a Spec clutch, and flywheel. I have some power goals and track goals in mind and will probably just go ahead and replace it before i start on those.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I'd bet that half (or more) of those who had it done were done for "preventative" reasons. Evidenced by the fact that Ford had to tighten the requirements due to getting back parts with no sign of warping. I asked my dealer's service department how many they had performed and they told me none.

Be pretty hard to determine the actual number that had real problems (i.e. warped flywheels leading to clutch drag and potentially damaged synchros). Have any of you guys who had the TSB done (08s in particular) had proof of warped flywheels leading to tyhe other problems?

This is clearly a problem area on these cars. But it may never rear it's head unless subjected to the kind of slippage that comes from prolonged stop and go driving. Mine has 10K miles and feels better than new, since the initial "grabbieness" went away after about 2500 miles.

That being said, if my car were subjected to daily stop and go, I would be concerned.

RSH427R

Established Member
mine is fine @ nearly 3 years; it does hiss when engaged, but seems to work great.

my HP life: stock for 800 miles; 560 RWHP for 13K miles; 675 rhwp (and a crap load of dyno time) for the last 3K miles.

TSB done at about 9K

My 2007 GT500 has almost 46k on the original with no issues other than its does hiss when you first take off. On a side note i'm sure with in the next year i will be replacing it with a Spec clutch, and flywheel. I have some power goals and track goals in mind and will probably just go ahead and replace it before i start on those.

I'd bet that half (or more) of those who had it done were done for "preventative" reasons. Evidenced by the fact that Ford had to tighten the requirements due to getting back parts with no sign of warping. I asked my dealer's service department how many they had performed and they told me none.

Be pretty hard to determine the actual number that had real problems (i.e. warped flywheels leading to clutch drag and potentially damaged synchros). Have any of you guys who had the TSB done (08s in particular) had proof of warped flywheels leading to tyhe other problems?

This is clearly a problem area on these cars. But it may never rear it's head unless subjected to the kind of slippage that comes from prolonged stop and go driving. Mine has 10K miles and feels better than new, since the initial "grabbieness" went away after about 2500 miles.

That being said, if my car were subjected to daily stop and go, I would be concerned.

Hope you guys all voted in my thread with the poll. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...lutch-tsb.html I agree with you shaker. I had mine done for that reason, somewhat. I couldn't stand the way it chattered. After driving it a while I figured out ways around it. But every time I let someone else drive it, it was a disaster. I decided for the money this shouldn't be an issue.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Hope you guys all voted in my thread with the poll. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...lutch-tsb.html I agree with you shaker. I had mine done for that reason, somewhat. I couldn't stand the way it chattered. After driving it a while I figured out ways around it. But every time I let someone else drive it, it was a disaster. I decided for the money this shouldn't be an issue.

LOL. Letting someone else drive it would be a disaster, I'm certain!

But, I have read that the chatter is no better with the TSB parts. Sounds like you are pleased with the post-TSB clutch feel?

RSH427R

Established Member
LOL. Letting someone else drive it would be a disaster, I'm certain!

But, I have read that the chatter is no better with the TSB parts. Sounds like you are pleased with the post-TSB clutch feel?

Yes it's much easier to drive. Clutch is much smoother. Does it drive like a GT? No but it's a lot closer. I am pleased and glad I did it. Peace of mind is a bonus too.

GT50008

Established Member
Just got back from Ford Castle Rock, CO, another 08 Shelby fried clutch at 18,000 miles, sitting in the service. Mind you this is not my 08. Mine has completely different issue. I took the service manager for a ride in mine. He has all most no knowledge of the TSB. I explained it to him because he was thinking the issue was simply a wear item. So if this is your GT500, I did my best to get Ford to do the TSB for you.

I had my TSB done about 1.5 years ago or 7000 miles ago. The chatter is still there, but car shifts smoother and I don't have to rev the rpms as high from a stop. Very pleased with the work.

chuckstang

Established Member
All I can say is, I urge any of you to not have your car ripped into unless you absolutely have to.

I had Tasca Ford do my tranny work and clutch replacement (since they are a Shelby Mod Shop) and so far they have cost me $3,000 out of pocket because I had to replace their TSB replacement clutch on my dime and now my tranny is still messed up which could cost me however much it costs to replace with a new tranny (I would never again trust anyone to rebuild, buying new is the only option IMO)

In conclusion, do not do this as PREVENTATIVE maintenance. Not enough good techs out there IMO

Users who are viewing this thread