Transmission/Engine rattle sound???

jestang

Established Member
I am getting a noise from my engine/trans when the car warms up. It only happens between say 1800-3000 rpms in part throttle, medium to heavy load conditions. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if Ford didn't get the some of the clearances right or left something loose when they rebuilt my mt82. I didn't really notice before installing the MGW shifter a couple months ago (which makes sense due to the additional NVH) but man it is driving me nuts. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Last edited:

jestang

Established Member
I am getting a noise from my engine/trans when the car warms up. It only happens between say 1800-3000 rpms in part throttle, medium to heavy load conditions. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if Ford didn't get the some of the clearances right or left something loose when they rebuilt my mt82. I didn't really notice before installing the MGW shifter a couple months ago (which makes sense due to the additional NVH) but man it is driving me nuts. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Updated my signature for reference

Users who are viewing this thread