Transmission Gurus, Please help...

Jocko

Established Member
I missed a shift- pulled the inspection cover and I'm able to move the release fork about .5" easily back and forth. Not towards the pressure plate, but "radially' around the input shaft/retainer sleeve. Is this kind of play normal, and would anyone care to give a snap diagnosis as what the extent of the damage I've caused? It just seems pretty "wobbly".

The TOB is toast, and I assume it shouldn't ride on the fingers of the pressure plate- is that correct?

Thanks alot,

Mike

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
My fork has plenty of slop in it as well. I can move it around about a half inch, and to my knowledge my setup is fine. The TOB riding on the fingers can be an adjustment issue, are you talking about it making contact when at idle?

Jocko

Established Member
Yes, It could very well be an adjustment issue. I have all the stock quadrant and associated parts, and I can never seem to get the clutch adjusted satisfactorily. I didn't run it when I was under there, (rhino ramps = cats burning face) but at idle, TOB chirps. I shifted from third back into second (yeah I know) and I can imagine I could have torqued up something pretty good.

Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if anyone else has a sloppy release fork. I guess it has to have some play to keep the tob on centerline of the sleeve, it just seemed to be excessive and kind of crunchy feeling...

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread