Transmission in 93 L

Black93LightningSVT

Ok guys im sorry about this being vague but i cant really decribe...one just needs to feel the difference i suppose...anyway My trans just sucks! Sometimes when shifting gears and i feel as if im being pushed toward the steering wheel in anticipation of it thinking of shifting!!...sometimes its like butter...others it shifts like CRAP...im so fed up with the damn transmission in that thing...its becomming a hassle to drive it i get so fed up...what are normal problems that go wrong in the 93's because from what i hear they basically are worthless...Should i just replace it or what...sorry about a lame description but can anyone help with that...all i want in my L is a nice transmission thats all!! haha
Thanks alot.Matt:fm:

P.S. I just bought a 82 Chevette today
:lol:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 93SVT

P.S. I just bought a 82 Chevette today
:lol:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

First off thats why I bought a '95 trannies were stronger that year, how many miles do you ahve on it??

One thing that seems to go out on them is the Transmission seals for one.

Black93LightningSVT

Like i said its a 93 but to answer your question it has 98K on it...any idea on how much i might find a 95 trans for? Or do you have a better recommendation on what i should buy for a replacement?
I bought the 82 Chevette becase it gets better MPG than the L haha
Although the L will be getting much better now that i replaced my fuel injectors because one was stuck open:p

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Something goes in these trannies and I can't think of what it was right now... modulator valve??
It affects shifting and it isn't really that expensive to replace compared to a rebuilt tranny.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by LLoverCrazyJay
Hey, are you guys callin me stupid, because i have a 5 spd, not the E4od, I forgeted.....lol Am i forgaven?
Not at all... you almost had it, and now you know (you are taking notes aren't you?).

I'm just leanin' on Zach... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread