Transmission issue

DailyBlown

Established Member
Recently my transmission has been shifting extremely hard and erraticly. The fluid level is good. Only mods are punisher valve body and moroso transmission pan. I flushed the fluid about 20k ago. The problems just developed in the past few days. It briefly threw a code, but went away before I could check it. Any ideas? I love my truck, but am broke now hopefully I don't need a new trans. It is a 04 with about 90k.

Dusten

Established Member
check other things like your maf and throttle position sensor. There is more than 1 thing that can cause erratic shifts.
Also, pull codes anyways, they may still be there.

DailyBlown

Established Member
Thanks guys, I will give it a shot. Unfortunately, I got ride of my stock valve body. I tried using my cheap scan tool and no codes were found, but it still shifts erratically. I will start will dropping thrown and maybe flushing the fluid.

Last edited:

PaulthePUNISHER

Established Member
Thanks guys, I will give it a shot. Unfortunately, I got ride of my stock valve body. I tried using my cheap scan tool and no codes were found, but it still shifts erratically. I will start will dropping thrown and maybe flushing the fluid.

Pull the code with a quality scanner... It should be there... It is most likely not the vb....

daylonwlightnin

Established Member
Mine did that in Florida all of a sudden other then my chip went bad when replaced it did the same thing once we put a better mass airflow and better plugs it got better. But now I believe I'm having transmission issues again but it could be my sc inner bearing that went bad my point is I learned with this truck it seems like one thing it's the other lol. Good luck man and I'm new to this but when I was looking at transmission pans and such I noticed they hold different amounts of fluid but like I said I'm new to this so that's probably considered comments sense in the car community lol.

Dusten

Established Member
Those codes are issues caused when there is an issue shifting. It could be solenoids, or other issues. Really at this point you'd need a trans shop to scan the trans and troubleshoot.

Users who are viewing this thread