Transmission Mount Stiffener? 07-09?

mobeydick

Established Member
Out of curiosity, why do you need a stiffer mount at the transmission?
Not mine, putting in a clutch, shifter and hardline in for someone and the guy asked if something more could be done to help the 1/2 shift problems. The transmission mounts on those models are sloppy/spongy to say the least for performance. When I had mine I used concrete epoxy to fill the void. It works great but was rednecky, I figured someone had manufactured on by now.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't believe so. I found a liquid polyurethane that could be poured into the voids in the mount. I'm going to try that with a spare mount.

mobeydick

Established Member
What shifter did you install?

I'm going to install a early MGW, The guy did the same thing I did and buggered up the second gear synchronizer at the drag strip. He doesn't race it, he just goes to test and tunes and doesn't want to get too embarrassed grinding gears.

You might want to check with BMR to see if they might be able to come up with something if they haven't already.

I haven't called them but I have looked at their website and Steeda's, Energy Suspensions, Whiteline, Lakewood, MMS, UPR, Stifflers, Drake, American Powertrain, D&D, BOBs, Redline, BBK, MMR, JLT and American Muscle.
It appears the OEM Transmission mount for the GT500 and the V6s are the same mounts.
Blowfish Racing has something that is interesting but it only works with the OEM shifters.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I'd call them. I'm sure they're always looking for new and innovative products to come up with. Plus, their quality is top notch!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters. It'll stop the transmission from twisting out of position, but it's still not going to stop the 1-2 grind. That's a transmission problem, and nothing external is going to fix/remedy it.

http://www.cheperformance.com/prod-208.htm

mobeydick

Established Member
CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters. It'll stop the transmission from twisting out of position, but it's still not going to stop the 1-2 grind. That's a transmission problem, and nothing external is going to fix/remedy it.

http://www.cheperformance.com/prod-208.htm

Thanks, I'd seen that before I just couldn't place where. I think that will help also, I will show him.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have it on my car. I do like it because that little bit of HP lost trying to twist the engine and transmission is instead being sent to the rear tires. Again, it's not going to do much of anything with the 1-2 grind, but it will make banging the other gears easier because the shift gates won't be rotating out of position.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
those CHE braces were a big help on m 06GT with the 3650 trans - never thought of adding it to the Shelby as mine has solid motor mounts

Users who are viewing this thread