Transmission noise.. Please help/opinions...

cobra101

Established Member
So starting today. I get a heavy clicking noise soemtimes while in gear and driving. almost like it is not fully engaged in gear. Doesnt happen all the time (yet). But when it happens It is a loud clicking and I am best to just put it in neutral (noise goes away), I pull over freak a minute and then drive away its fine.. hmmm

I am thinkg either I am ****ed with the tranny or that the stupid cluctch cable (which always changed adjustments and needed adjusting) is at the point where it unadjjusted itself right out the engaging point.

what ya think?

GOT PSI

Established Member
Mine has also been making a lot of noise like rattling,thumping while sitting still,and going down the road it pops out of 6th hard.

cobra101

Established Member
sorry to hear that. Mine is odd. Hasnt done it since. I am starting to seriously think it is the stupid clutch cable and shitty stock clutch qudrant. It never stayed in one adjustment point. it always changed and I would do the clutch pedal adjustment thingy. Now I think it "self adjusted" too much and was in a vicarious postion between in gear and popped out of gear. Well have to see. One more time And I am going to at least chedule an apointment at ford I tihink. If it anything related to clutch I will see if they will install a FRPP King Cobra clutch. Being a ford part they might. We'll see...may not be clutch b/c clutch would usually show the symptom of slipping not crazy noises and like missed gears sounding, right?

hmmmmm

last two times in the car I almost kept my hand on shifter the whole time as to hold it there to elimiate that from my list of possibile causes.

cobra101

Established Member
sorry to hear that. Mine is odd. Hasnt done it since. I am starting to seriously think it is the stupid clutch cable and shitty stock clutch qudrant. It never stayed in one adjustment point. it always changed and I would do the clutch pedal adjustment thingy. Now I think it "self adjusted" too much and was in a vicarious postion between in gear and popped out of gear. Well have to see. One more time And I am going to at least chedule an apointment at ford I tihink. If it anything related to clutch I will see if they will install a FRPP King Cobra clutch. Being a ford part they might. We'll see...may not be clutch b/c clutch would usually show the symptom of slipping not crazy noises and like missed gears sounding, right?

hmmmmm

last two times in the car I almost kept my hand on shifter the whole time as to hold it there to elimiate that from my list of possibile causes.

Users who are viewing this thread