Transmission question

Santiago

Established Member
Had a Quick question see if you guys can help me i have a 2013 track pack gt and my buddy has a 2012 gt500 transmission that he gave to me and i been trying to see if its possible to know exactly what do i need to do in oder to do that swap into my car & if its worth doing it since i got it free ?

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
you need

26spline clutch
correct length DS
and some wiring
4.30's if staying NA

you would be CRAZY to not make the switch

Santiago

Established Member
you need

26spline clutch
correct length DS
and some wiring
4.30's if staying NA

you would be CRAZY to not make the switch
By you any chance do you know if they make some type of plug and play harness already for it ?

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
that's a hell of a great gift! If I remember correctly, that's basically a t56 mag minus a different output shaft or housing? May be same length(you will need to measure) you would need a different clutch disc(26spline) and maybe a different slipyoke on the driveshaft. maybe call D&D Perormance?

Santiago

Established Member
that's a hell of a great gift! If I remember correctly, that's basically a t56 mag minus a different output shaft or housing? May be same length(you will need to measure) you would need a different clutch disc(26spline) and maybe a different slipyoke on the driveshaft. maybe call D&D Perormance?
Thanks for the info ill give them a call as soon as i can .. by any chance do you know what type of wiring problems im going to run too ?

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
D&D should know about the wire plugs, I would assume it would be identical. you could put the car on a lift and look,have pictures of the 6060 handy to verify

Santiago

Established Member
D&D should know about the wire plugs, I would assume it would be identical. you could put the car on a lift and look,have pictures of the 6060 handy to verify

Attachments

• IMG_7667.JPG
    IMG_7667.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7665.JPG
    IMG_7665.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 97

Santiago

Established Member
I also have the stock clutch but if its out i should mite as well put a nice one ??

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you can, then yes replace while its open with something. I have a 26 spline spec stage 3+ disc that's new, only out of the box to look at, its an 11". I went with an RXT twin disc instead. it cost me $330 I can text pictures if interested.
Geoff Sloan
406-855-8345

Santiago

Established Member
If you can, then yes replace while its open with something. I have a 26 spline spec stage 3+ disc that's new, only out of the box to look at, its an 11". I went with an RXT twin disc instead. it cost me $330 I can text pictures if interested.
Geoff Sloan
406-855-8345
Yeah if. You can please pictures

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_3232.JPG

My other picture is apparently too large to attach, text 406-855-8345 and I can send it to you if you like

Users who are viewing this thread