Transmission question

SamuelMach1

Established Member
Hey guys I just had a question. typically how long do synchros last in the tranny? I bought my car recently with low miles its an 04 mach1 with 13k just wondering because sometimes when i shift it can feel rough going in to gear at times.

Also how much would it run me to replace the synchros?:shrug: thx

DarkMach1

Established Member
Luck of the draw man, I bought my Mach with 34k miles and sold it with 91k including 22k miles with an eaton swap and dozens of passes at the track and never once gave me any issues, all that with the factory clutch, in fact it almost got smoother with time.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
You shouldn't be having trans problems unless its been abused...alot.

Do you have an aftermarket quad and fire wall adjuster?
The stock plastic quad can bend under fast shifting and not allow enough clutch release. An aftermarket aluminum piece will eliminate this flexing. The fire wall adjuster will now be responsible for adjusting for clutch wear and correct release/engagement. The stock plastic quad is a self adjusting piece.

4a7191a

Established Member
After market shifter might help too. I have the steeda triax and no complaints here. very nice piece :)

sdg97232

Established Member
Like darkmach said there is no magic number for how long they will last.....my 1st mach I beat the living crap out of that 3650 it took all the abuse I could throw at it.....the mach I have now I wasn't so lucky its sporting a 26 spline t56 now.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
I had my 3650 rebuilt at 42xxx. Im now at 58xxx and it needs rebuilt again. 3rd gear both times, everything else is stock, but the same brand new ring and synchro I had put in is screwed again.

SamuelMach1

Established Member
I don't have either although...

You shouldn't be having trans problems unless its been abused...alot.

Do you have an aftermarket quad and fire wall adjuster?
The stock plastic quad can bend under fast shifting and not allow enough clutch release. An aftermarket aluminum piece will eliminate this flexing. The fire wall adjuster will now be responsible for adjusting for clutch wear and correct release/engagement. The stock plastic quad is a self adjusting piece.

Hey Im pretty sure I don't have either but I want to instal a clutch quadrant could this be bad for my tranny?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Hey Im pretty sure I don't have either but I want to instal a clutch quadrant could this be bad for my tranny?

Am aftermarket quad won't be bad, but incorrectly adjusting the cable with the new quad and firewall adjuster could be.

Users who are viewing this thread