Transmission shop recommendations?

Maverick-4

Established Member
5th gear is going out on my DD mustang (T5), any good shops around Inland empire area?

Im going to pull the tranny out and would do the rebuild myself but I dont have a press and rather have someone fix the 5th gear issue (suspect syncro) if the price is not substantial high, recommendations where to take the T5 to?

fastback brian

Established Member
5th syncro would be pretty easy to fix.. basically it the first thing you see once you pull the tail housing off the t-5 trans..

Maverick-4

Established Member
5th syncro would be pretty easy to fix.. basically it the first thing you see once you pull the tail housing off the t-5 trans..

Yea its looks fairly easy, I guess as long as it doesnt have to do anything with the other gears located inside the main section that may need pressing, then I'm good

corruptor

Established Member
if you find a good mustang trans shop, please post here. I'm thinking of building my MT82. Wish Revolution Auto was on this side of the coast.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
This is what I had on file, no personal experience!

Quote:

Stu's Transmission
5531 Cherry Avenue.
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562) 428-4641
Welcome to Stu's AE Transmission
This is the ONLY place i trust to do my rear end and tranny work. They installed my last 2 clutches and built my whole rear end with the Auburn and the FRPP Gears.

These guys offer the best price and do such good work and the best part is they do it FAST. They had my whole rear end done in less than a day.

Quote:

contact pat massey at anaheim gear. email is the best way to let him know what you need done

they are oc's tremec dealer/distributor, and they did an awesome job of upgrading my t-56 last year. they rebuild/repair/whatever. the whole deal

he can recommend an installer near you if you want a shop to remove/replace, then anaheim gear picks up from the installer.

http://www.anaheimgear.com/

Users who are viewing this thread