Transmission swap

mostwanted

Established Member
Ok guys. I just a put a stock t56 transmisson off of my 03 cobra into my 03 GT. Everything's installed exept the wiring harness and driveshaft. As for the wiring harness, I need to know if I need a seperate harness or what? because the t56 has 3 sensors. As for the harness coming from the car only has 2 connections. Now as for the drive shaft, i've checked on D&D and I think $500 is just alittle too much for a drive shaft. So is there another route I can take as far as that goes?

P.S.
Is the T.O.B. retainer sleeve suppose to fit loose on the input shaft??

Thanks.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Cant help you much with the first part however, the TOB sleeve shouldn't move on the input shaft. It is pressed in from the rear of the trans

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
one pigtail is for the vehicle speed sensor [drivers side rear on the tailshaft housing]

one pigtail is for the reverse lights [passenger side around the middle of the case]

and the third is for the reverse lockout solenoid. wire it to your brake light switch so when you put your foot on the brake, it energizes the solenoid and you can get it into reverse without having to be magnus von magnussen

as always, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it. its fully guaranteed so if you arent completely satisfied the next opinion is free.

Users who are viewing this thread