Transmission?

HeXX 1

Established Member
Trying to decide on a tranny... needs to hold up to at least 800hp, and will be used in conjunction with a McLeod twin-disc, or maybe a SPEC 3.

Considering a Tremec T56.. any input? Thanks.

Oh... '96 Cobra by the way.. built motor, TT

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
TKO 600, but you may want to look into a beefed up one by Pro gear or someone else. definetly need the 26 spline input shaft.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
With that much power you might consider an automatic. It will be alot easier to drive and won't put as much stress on other driveline parts. If you insist on a manual go with a TKO or Viper spec T56.

50_Dave

Established Member
Skip the viper spc t56 and go with the geforce t56.

Wolverine's viper spec t-56 finally went south, and jake recommended the geforce as it will hold more power.

HeXX 1

Established Member
cool thanks Dave, I'll have to check that out - I talked to willie about it a little bit when he first got it, sounds like a nice tranny.. I'll have to reserach :)

crystal_SVT

Established Member
2 words.. liberty gears!~ they are the experts of manuel trannys. from street machines all the way up to pro stock, they build them all.

HeXX 1

Established Member
Doug said:
Get a Liberty Pro Shifted TKO and be done with it.
know of a good vendor?

I don't wanna go with the GeForce because I think that's a bit of an overbuild.. it's gonna be between TKO and Viper spec t56

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
you can try sean hyland and he should be able to get you a beefed up t-56. my good freind had a t-56 built up by shm and has had no problem yet and he dose do alot of track events(left and rights), but he paid a big penny for it. that when he told me.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
HeXX 1 said:
know of a good vendor?

I don't wanna go with the GeForce because I think that's a bit of an overbuild.. it's gonna be between TKO and Viper spec t56

I think you just get them straight from Liberty.

You can't really overbuild a tranny if your looking to run 800hp through it. X2C motorsports and MMR both offer beefed up Tremecs.

If you do get a Liberty Pro Shift kit - just remember its gonna make some noise as a street machine. But it'll perform well at the track. very well.

Users who are viewing this thread