Transport company and independant inspections?

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Hopefully this is the right place to start this thread. I want to see who you guys used to ship your cars and how you liked them. Also, did anyone ever use a company to do an inspection of the vehicle and report back to you if you were unable to see the car yourself? About how much will these services cost? Thanks a bunch guys.

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
I have never done the inspection thing, instead what I have done is bugged the seller to get pics of everything, including any nicks/scratches/etc as well as a compression and leakdown test, videos, etc....

As for transport, I used these guys when I bought my 03 from Illinois last year.
Autobahn USA, Inc. - Professional, Reliable Enclosed and Open Auto Transportation Services - Home

They used a really high tech enclosed trailer and the car was wrapped inside and outside so it did not get dirty. They also taped the edges of the doors to prevent them from getting nicked or scratched when opening, just in case. The car arrived just as it left the sellers house and had less than a mile on it from just putting it on and then off of the truck. Price was reasonable for enclosed transport and they really helped me out of a bind, see below.

The bind was b/c of another company who failed to do anything correctly, I wrote a review below:
3weeks notice, never even set up a driver - Transport Reviews.com - Your Auto Transport Information Source. View Reviews, Ratings and Rankings of Auto Transporters.

They even tried to call me and get me to accept $50 to take my review down and I told them to shove it. They really put me in a spot with the crap they pulled.
So obviously stay away from Total Car Shipping out of Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread