trashcan heat shield mod

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Wow.. i have the same JDM intake set-up.. trash can mod looks good enough to me! I will even get some Silver Krylon plastic paint and paint it to match the truck!! If done properly no one would ever know except for the haters on here who spent $150 lol

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
LOL show me ANY twin screw for $100 bucks and I would show you one that would be on my truck.
As for it being half assed talk to Topgun and his trucks halfassed MP power.

i wasnt trying to hate on you or your truck i was just saying that some people will hate no matter what you get if its not what everyone else is doing or a normal mod. as for the MP blower i would love to have one but i KNOW there are quite a few guys on here that bash the hell out of them saying its not worth it.

so what if the OP bought some sheets of the same plastic that is used to make the trash cans and then built a heat shield?? would it matter then? i really just think everyone is hating on this b/c it use to be a trash can. i have a air raid box and after taking it out once before i know i would never buy one for the price they sale for (was on my truck when i bought it). its just some damn sheet metal bent up to make a shield that couldnt have cost more than 20 bucks to make.

lets make no mistake about this, this isnt a panty hose tinted tail light....

Last edited:

Enemy

Established Member
man, some people b*tch and complain about everything. If you don't like it then don't do it. If you do give it a try, it's worth $3 to me. I posted this thread to see if anyone had a link to making it, not to get some azzholes opinions about it. Keep your f****in stupid comments to yourself :bash:

2tonOfun

Established Member
I did this one years ago and it worked great. No one would belive it started out as a rubbermaid. I would add though that when you cut the hole for the maf, that you do it carefully because any jagged cuts will tend to crack and spred later, maybe as it gets a little more heat and slightly more brittle. Mine is sitting in my garage now.

flashlight

Established Member
I like it alot. The only thing I think I would do different in add some insulation mat to the outside of it. Something like that stick on soud deadener. As far as the juys hatting on it. Their just pissed because it looks better than what they paid to much money for.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread