Tremec t6060 hybrid syncronizer

devilish64

Established Member
I recentley lost the 2nd gear syncronizer in my factory 17,000 mile 2007 t6060.... through a little bit of research I came across this new "hybrid" syncro/blocker ring kit from tremec wich some say will fix the dreaded t6060 grind issue that gt500's are prone to. Has anyone replaced their syncro's with this part? https://www.astroperformance.com/product/getrag-mt-82-6-speed-transmission/

devilish64

Established Member
I found that video while searching for information on fixing the transmission..... it was how I learned about the hybrid syncro fix

leafmaple

Established Member
I had to replace the clutch in my gt500 so I went ahead and changed the rings in the transmission too. I replaced them all with the carbon fiber ones and also changed the fork pads with brass ones. Of course I had to change the shifter for a MGW too! These transmissions are fussy with what oil you put in them too. Use only cheap dexron3! Breakin for 500 miles of city type driving and enjoy..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

leafmaple

Established Member
I purchased mine from tick performance. They are full carbon on 1-2 and 3-4, (5-6-rev.are standard metal.) brass fork pads need to be fitted by hand on the forks for proper fit. Watch this on YouTube to get the basic idea.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread