Tremor owners, are you happy with it?

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I wasn't sure where to post this because the F-150 section doesn't get much traffic so I hope the mods are ok with it.

My local dealer has 3 or 4 tremors on the lot that I have been looking at. Being a former Lightning owner that wishes he still had it, they have had my attention since they were announced. So are you happy with it? Any pros and cons? I would like a bigger truck but I don't think it is necessary. It's just my wife and I with no plans for kids in the near future. Is the automatic trans good? That was one of the killers for the L. The 4r100 is terrible.

I might go test drive one this weekend. I'm afraid I'll like it too much and have to have it.

By the way, what would be a fair price for one? They are at Homer Skelton Ford if you want to look them up

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
For what it's worth, my local dealer has told me they can't even give them away. There are 4 sitting on the lot now, and even though the price keeps coming down they are still sitting there.

Edit: I'd rather own a single cab, short bed 2015 F150 with the 5.0 in it.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Loved mine but the values were tanking like mad so I got out before it got to be too much. Find a new F150 with the EB or 5.0 and you'll be better off. I took a new 5.0 home the other night and those things move out.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I just thought it would be a fun dd that can still be used as a truck and gets decent mpg. I guess they weren't popular so I can't find many owners opinions.

I may go test drive one tomorrow. I was hoping it wouldn't depreciate too quickly since it was only produced one year

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
There was 2270 Tremors built in the 1 year production run.

The only thing bad about mine is the really blocky thick B pillars make trying to check your blindspots a real pain in merging onto highways at speed.

Performance wise it is quicker than a Gen 1 Lightning but about a full second and a half slower than a Gen 2. They are probably right in aying they was right around a 14.5- 1/4th time for them.

Last edited:

o2gt

Established Member
There was 2270 Tremors built in the 1 year production run.

The only thing bad about mine is the really blocky thick B pillars make trying to check your blindspots a real pain in merging onto highways at speed.

Performance wise it is quicker than a Gen 1 Lightning but about a full second and a half slower than a Gen 2. They are probably right in aying they was right around a 14.5- 1/4th time for them.

is a tuned one about the speed of a gen 2 lightning?

Silverstrike

Established Member
It's close.

Yes there are a couple of Tremors doing mid to high 13.7 to 13.9 1/4th mile times with just a tune, most of them seem to have Lund ones, I'm probably going to have Johnny Lightning Perf. in Pa do mine when ever I finally get my Ford Racing side exit exhaust from Summit, ordered it in May and it is still not even shipped.

Last edited:

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Well I went to the dealership to test drive one, but ended up buying a car for my wife. I am still really interested in driving one, but they would have to come down to $35k for it to be worth buying for me. The salesman I talked to said people have looked at them, but they thought it was too much for a single cab.

I was hoping they would be as fast or faster than a gen 2 Lightning after a tune. Being a former L owner, that's a big drawback for me.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Well I went to the dealership to test drive one, but ended up buying a car for my wife. I am still really interested in driving one, but they would have to come down to $35k for it to be worth buying for me. The salesman I talked to said people have looked at them, but they thought it was too much for a single cab.

I was hoping they would be as fast or faster than a gen 2 Lightning after a tune. Being a former L owner, that's a big drawback for me.

I agree. I would hope for it to go mid 13s stock to be honest. 2015 (lighter body) F150s have already gone 14.8s or so with the V8 in crew cab 4x4 trucks. Heck..even GM has gone 13.8 @ 100 in a crew cab silverado with a 6.2. For that power and being a short cab short bed id expect more. Even tuned running 13.7-13.9 isnt that impressive to me.

what did you get the wife?

Silverstrike

Established Member

What you are failing to understand is the newer F-150's post 2005-08 body style are pigs, my 2002 Lightning was right around 4,800 lbs a 2wd Tremor is past 5,300 lbs!!! A difference of over 500 lbs! 4wd Tremors like mine have another 200+ extra pounds because of the extra drivetrain parts so 700 pounds is a huge performance killer in any vehicle, but with the EB V6 being twin turbo it has a slight edge in getting more out of mods than the 5.4L eaton s/c powerplant of the Lightning. Not saying a Tremor is faster just that the gains would be more with the EB if similar mods was done.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
She has been wanting a convertible for a long time. While I was checking out the Tremors I saw an e46 M3 convertible across the lot. Got a good deal on a really clean car that I didn't want to pass up. But now she has a faster car than me... at least for now. I have some plans for my car in the works.

I know they are heavier but seeing the gains from the ecoboost engines I thought it would still be faster.

Any ideas what the resale value is going to be like on these in 5-10 years? Will they be worth anything more than any other regular cab truck?

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
By the way I'm not looking at them as a Lightning replacement. I just think it would be a good dd that can still be used as a truck. Plus I think they look really good lowered a little.

The biggest reason I got rid of the L is the auto trans. At the time I sold it not many people had done a manual swap and I didn't have the money to do it anyway. I got bored with it. I never cared to take it to the track. I just wanted something fun and unique to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread