Tri tip recipes

Furrytractor

Established Member
So I am going to switch it up and trying to slow cook a tri tip. I was thinking of just using the old crockpot, but I really don't know where to start with seasoning it for a good slow cook. What does everyone else usually do? I always just grill them, but going to try another route

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Dry rub that baby. I cheat a little, I go low and slow in the oven than on Weber for some smoke. I'm not a fan of crock pots they remind me of my mom's mushy gray roasts.

Furrytractor

Established Member
Dry rub that baby. I cheat a little, I go low and slow in the oven than on Weber for some smoke. I'm not a fan of crock pots they remind me of my mom's mushy gray roasts.
That's what I am afraid of, I may try the oven then.

08mojo

Established Member
dry rub and throw it on the smoker--low and slow!

Sounds like you don't have a smoker to use. You can pick up a cheap smoker for $40 brand new. Not the best, but it is a great way to see if you enjoy cooking with a smoker. It's how I started and recently picked up a ceramic smoker/grill. Now I use it for 80% of our meals.

Furrytractor

Established Member
I marinate mine in Mexican Coca Cola. You laugh, but it tastes amazing. O, and it has to be cooked Santa Maria style, nothing else compares.
Ah because it uses real sugar I'm sure. I try and drink that instead of regular, tastes so much better
dry rub and throw it on the smoker--low and slow!

Sounds like you don't have a smoker to use. You can pick up a cheap smoker for $40 brand new. Not the best, but it is a great way to see if you enjoy cooking with a smoker. It's how I started and recently picked up a ceramic smoker/grill. Now I use it for 80% of our meals.
I have ever tried with a smoker. What's the time frame to cook a good size tri tip in a smoker?

Users who are viewing this thread