triax install

nycobra

Established Member
Well, I read many of the numerous past threads on this subject. They were very helpful and the install today was simple. I'm very happy with the results! I do have one question though. In the directions it says to not use the stock bolts to install the triax because they are too short. It says to use the 4 8mm bolts supplied. Well, I was sent 13mm bolts that were the same length as the stockers. I used steedas bolts to do the install, but did I get sent the wrong hardware? or is this what everyone received? Thanks!

Marco

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The bolts with the Triax are definitely longer. I removed my Triax so I can't remember how short the stock bolts really were. I wouldn't chance using the shorter bolts if you're sure they're the same size. Call Steeda on Monday and ask. You could try to call now but I don't know their customer service hours on weekends.

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
I also installed mine on Sunday when it was nasty out and had nothing else to do....my mechanic convinced me to do it....easy install....about 1 1/2 hours probably less if I wasn't so anal about this car....no if we could only get a nice day to try it out...I did re-install my MGW shifter extension....will try both handles out....let all know which is better

03' satin silver coupe
Mac cat back
Steeda triax w/ MGW extension
door sills
bullit trim ring
dash insert
cobra mats
blacked out rear fascia
engine dress ups
K&N filter
Mobil 1
2500 miles and a long summer ahead

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've done the shifter change twice so I've got it down to a science now. First one took about an hour. I tend to be overly cautious on these changes. Second change took about 20-25 minutes. Very easy for anyone to do. Just follow the instructions and you're golden!

Users who are viewing this thread