Trick Flow 2v Heads & New Lifters, MHS Stage 2.5 Blower/N20 Cams w/ ARP Bolts

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Is this the same heads that were on Ebay, with the timing chain that jumped and bent valves on one head? I ask, because it looks like one side has brand new valves in it, and the ad stated that the head had been repaired. I also remember seeing that red assembly lube.. Not a big deal, just wondering. If they were repaired then, no harm, no foul.

Travis

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
No.. these heads came off my car. To make a long story short, my compression was too high, I went to the 44cc heads and .80 gasket to get it where I wanted for my new turbo setup. The heads have maybe a 3 miles and 3 hours of idle time total on them. I was having problems getting the tune right, turned out that it had 2 bad O2's and bank 1 coil packs ground wire was pulled a little too tight, so it ran for a few mins, first time the motor jumped a little, the connector came unhooked . So bank 1 just dumped fuel in and basically never ran.. bank 2 did run fine and thats why that head is dirty and actually appears to of run for a short time. The heads are in perfect condition. If it will make you feel better about them, follow my build thread and you can see/read every part of their out of box life. Page 5 you can see where I got them in the mail.

PFO Mustangs • View topic - Progress on my 01 *BUILD THREAD*

Hope this helps Dave.

Last edited:

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Cool.. Just wondering.. I had seen a set on Ebay that the guy bent the valves on one head, and it looked brand new, while the other head was slightly used.

Travis

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
No.. these heads came off my car. To make a long story short, my compression was too high, I went to the 44cc heads and .80 gasket to get it where I wanted for my new turbo setup. The heads have maybe a 3 miles and 3 hours of idle time total on them. I was having problems getting the tune right, turned out that it had 2 bad O2's and bank 1 coil packs ground wire was pulled a little too tight, so it ran for a few mins, first time the motor jumped a little, the connector came unhooked . So bank 1 just dumped fuel in and basically never ran.. bank 2 did run fine and thats why that head is dirty and actually appears to of run for a short time. The heads are in perfect condition. If it will make you feel better about them, follow my build thread and you can see/read every part of their out of box life. Page 5 you can see where I got them in the mail.

PFO Mustangs • View topic - Progress on my 01 *BUILD THREAD*

Hope this helps Dave.

Thanks for the deeper description. :thumbsup:

Cool.. Just wondering.. I had seen a set on Ebay that the guy bent the valves on one head, and it looked brand new, while the other head was slightly used.

Travis

Thats not this set.

Users who are viewing this thread