trick flow hiports?

rikhockey

Established Member
ok well i found a good deal on some heads trick flow hiports i no the larger valve is a issue but if i use a thicker head gasket will this be enough clearance i dont mind lossing a little comprestion because it will be superchargered later on any ideas plus if i do have to do valve relief on my pistons do they make a tool to do that while still in the block? need help guys
thanks erick

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
thehiports are a greta head....a lot of guys who run em go into the 8's....However, they do have a tall deck so header placement is a bitch....is it a stock hiport...because they're 2.02's and you only need to have fly-cut pistons to run em...a thicker head gasket will not work especially if you have any good rockers on them....either way, I would lookat getting better pistons that are flycut for this type of head...

my brother ran a set of high ports for years on a 377 small block and a 250 shot of nos...the heads were ported like crazy and in a 3200 lb coupe..with a powerglide he went 9.20's on spray and 10.50's on motor....those highports are really good heads but unless you have the bottom end for it...you might not be impressed.....on a stock block and a supercharger, you'd still be better off with like an AFR 165....

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
unless youve got a serious race motor, i think AFR185s would be the better choice.

i plan on running some AFR 205s on my 393, hoping for 500rwhp N/A

rikhockey

Established Member
well thanks for the info i ended up going with trick flow track heat heads and a trick flow stage 2 cam i hope this works out well and ill post back with numbers
thanks erick

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
rikhockey said:
well thanks for the info i ended up going with trick flow track heat heads and a trick flow stage 2 cam i hope this works out well and ill post back with numbers
thanks erick

good choice...You'll be way happy with these....look for abotu 320 to 340 with a good tune...my friend hat the full set up with track heat intake...but he put down 350 with DFI setup....

rikhockey

Established Member
ya i was hoping for over 300 im doing electrice fan 3 core radiatior and 190 fuel pump and probly a rpm2 intake. then wait for the funding for the s-trim.

Users who are viewing this thread