Trick Flow "twisted wedge" 185's....

Z06/SVT

Established Member
Looking to get away from the 4 thread heads on my 02..... I am thinking of picking up a pair if these, and a 2.3 KB ( in the future)... Any experience with these heads? I believe the stockers run around 190cfm.... These heads run 250-270 ish.... I know my high mileage short block would need to be upgraded ( rods,etc).. Other than that I would think this would be a pretty solid combo.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Go to lightningrodder.com if not on that site already. I have 0 experience or knowledge of aftermarket heads on an L, but I would think they would be a major upgrade.

Z06/SVT

Established Member
Thanks men... Trick Flows are an awesome product... Granted they are $1200 ea... BUT well worth the $$$ if you ask me. Found out yesterday that I had to have my passenger head completely gone over ( valve job) as I had 3 that were not sealing... My 02 has the 4 thread heads.. (damn it)... I'll shoot over to Lightningrodder.com today. thank you.

Dusten

Established Member
I run them on my truck with a 2.3KB. I went with the 38cc heads to bump compression. They have a thicker deck than the OEM heads, 10 thread plug holes and replaceable cam bosses. Not to mention no plug boss, so they help ward off detonation.

I paid like $1900 for the pair off summit with a coupon(15%) a few years ago

Z06/SVT

Established Member
That is exactly what I want to do Dusten... I'll bet your truck is a BEAST!

I run them on my truck with a 2.3KB. I went with the 38cc heads to bump compression. They have a thicker deck than the OEM heads, 10 thread plug holes and replaceable cam bosses. Not to mention no plug boss, so they help ward off detonation.

I paid like $1900 for the pair off summit with a coupon(15%) a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread