Tried installing Diablo tune, No Go =(

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I'll start at the beginning. I just bought my Lightning a couple of weeks ago from a kid up the island from me. He had bought it from a dealership down south and was told everything was stock except for the Airaid CAI. After getting it home I found out it had a Accu-fab billet TB, 90mm Maf, shorty headers and spintech catback. I just bought a Diablo predator tuner from a member on here which arrived today. I went to install the 93 octane performance tune for 90mm maf and was told by the tuner that I couldnt upload my factory tune because it happens to not be the factory tune on the truck to begin with. I'm guessing whoever turned the truck in to the dealer never told the dealer what had been done to the truck. Wouldnt a dealer automatically reflash the computer before selling? What are my options? Do I just go to the ford dealership and tell them to flash my computer? Any idea how much this is? Did the orginal owner have to tune the truck because of the upgraded 90mm maf? any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Bob

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Oh crap, i was scared there for a second. I thought there was a problem with the Predator. I would recommend going to a dealer and get the computer reflashed. Was there any chip installed in the truck?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Look under the pass kick panel and see if there is a chip installed. If so take it out and your good to go. If not then you may have to get the dealer to reflash it, I'm not 100% sure about it. The dealer won't usually do anything to them besides clean them up. I'm sure if you can get the PCM code one of the tuners out there may be able to help you out. Good luck and congrats on the new to you L.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Oh crap, i was scared there for a second. I thought there was a problem with the Predator. I would recommend going to a dealer and get the computer reflashed. Was there any chip installed in the truck?

Damnt boy you get the SCT yet?

Bikeboy77

Established Member
The first thing I did after I tried installing a tune was look for a chip. I stuck my head under there but didnt see anything. Nvr Spds, Thanks for the tuner, it arrived a couple of hours ago and I went right up to radio shack for the plugs.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
TallOkie said:
Who is doing ur tune?

We ordered it from LFP with the tune. It was just a simple mix-up. We got one that was supposed to be for another shop, and they got mine.

Bob, glad it made it in one piece. UPS sucks some times.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
We ordered it from LFP with the tune. It was just a simple mix-up. We got one that was supposed to be for another shop, and they got mine.

Bob, glad it made it in one piece. UPS sucks some times.

They couldnt email u the tune?

Users who are viewing this thread