Trijicon sights all have Bible verses on them

txyaloo

Established Member
How about you get over yourself and stop inflating your post count cuz you think it makes you an e-celebrity.

How was I inflating my post count? I've been here 3 years longer than you have only have 1000 posts more. Picking a fight with me only to inflate your post count is a pretty worthless endeavor.

This is a gun thread, not a bible thread. I post in gun threads.

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
Quoting any Bible other than the KJV seems to make the verses lose some of their strength.

John 8:12 (King James Version)

12Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

2 Corinthians 4:6 (King James Version)

6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:19-21 (King James Version)

19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
I'm not knocking the KJV BUT I don't speak in King James' English so I read the Amplified Bible IMHO forcing someone by saying that they must ONLY read the KJV of the Bible is like giving someone a butter knife for a sword fight. *Comparison*

John 8:12
12Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life.

2 Corinthians 4:6
4For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image and Likeness of God.

2 Peter 1:19
19And we have the prophetic word [made] firmer still. You will do well to pay close attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dismal (squalid and dark) place, until the day breaks through [the gloom] and the Morning Star rises ([j]comes into being) in your hearts.

[j]2 Peter 1:19 G. Abbott-Smith, Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Yes, those ones. I agree that most of them will hate us regardless, but there is a big difference between hating us and putting bombs together to blow us apart. This is the kind of stuff that the bad guys like to use to push those that just hate us over the edge to do more drastic things.

LOL! Really in all honesty having these verses on the sights is not going to make any noticable difference in terms of our PR relationship with Muslims in the middle east. Its hilarious that you think this might push someone over the edge and lead them to become a suicide bomber. I would say 99.9999999999999999% of the Muslims in the middle east have no idea that there is Biblical scripture on SOME of the weapons being used by our military. And they will only find out when people like you make such a big deal about it.

You know what does piss of Muslims? Anything involving Israel or Jews.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
LOL! Really in all honesty having these verses on the sights is not going to make any noticable difference in terms of our PR relationship with Muslims in the middle east. Its hilarious that you think this might push someone over the edge and lead them to become a suicide bomber. I would say 99.9999999999999999% of the Muslims in the middle east have no idea that there is Biblical scripture on SOME of the weapons being used by our military. And they will only find out when people like you make such a big deal about it.

You know what does piss of Muslims? Anything involving Israel or Jews.

Ummm no, they will find out from their local leaders or when the news story breaks over there. Im not sure what you learned on your deployment(s) (i dont know how many deployments you have) but one thing that ive picked up on my deployments is that anything we do overthere, they tend to notice, especially when its crap like this. Many already see this as a "holy war being waged by the evil crusaders" (or whatever they are calling it these days) and this is just one more thing to piss these guys off. All im saying is that we should be more mindfull than this when we are already in a tense situation. I personally could care less what is on someones weapon but it doesnt matter how I view it, it matters how the occupied country we are fighting in views things.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
How was I inflating my post count? I've been here 3 years longer than you have only have 1000 posts more. Picking a fight with me only to inflate your post count is a pretty worthless endeavor.

This is a gun thread, not a bible thread. I post in gun threads.

You're dumb. So because this is about optics that makes it a gun thread and NOT a Bible thread? I'm pretty sure the only photos of OPTICS were in the OP as an example and the only thing that was photographed was the serial number with the Bible verse in it. Not a single reference to an actual firearm. Yet, almost every post either references a Bible verse or mentions religion.

"This is not a bible thread" :D You're right. It has NOTHING to do with the bible or religion. Why am I even arguing? :poke:

Last edited:

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Ummm no, they will find out from their local leaders or when the news story breaks over there. Im not sure what you learned on your deployment(s) (i dont know how many deployments you have) but one thing that ive picked up on my deployments is that anything we do overthere, they tend to notice, especially when its crap like this. Many already see this as a "holy war being waged by the evil crusaders" (or whatever they are calling it these days) and this is just one more thing to piss these guys off. All im saying is that we should be more mindfull than this when we are already in a tense situation. I personally could care less what is on someones weapon but it doesnt matter how I view it, it matters how the occupied country we are fighting in views things.

Sorry, but this isn't going to have the impact you think it will. Most of the people over there who hate us or want to kill us are already in that mind set. Those who don't will not be changed because of something like this. What will change their minds is if we kill their family members or something serious like this. The radicals will be radicals. The radical clerics may pick up on this, but they will only be preaching to the quire when they are talking about it.:beer:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Sorry, but this isn't going to have the impact you think it will. Most of the people over there who hate us or want to kill us are already in that mind set. Those who don't will not be changed because of something like this. What will change their minds is if we kill their family members or something serious like this. The radicals will be radicals. The radical clerics may pick up on this, but they will only be preaching to the quire when they are talking about it.:beer:

:dw: did mean to misspell it in a way that also infers queer? Choir + Queer = Quire? LOL!

RiffRaff04

Established Member

Im not saying that this is going some huge end of the world type issue over there, im just saying that this is just one more thing they could have against us. Im just all for minimizing this kind of stuff especially since im approaching my 3rd deployment :beer:

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Im not saying that this is going some huge end of the world type issue over there, im just saying that this is just one more thing they could have against us. Im just all for minimizing this kind of stuff especially since im approaching my 3rd deployment :beer:

I agree, but there are more effective means of reducing the effectiveness of their message than worrying about bible verses on the side of a weapons sight.:beer:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Yeah, they've been on the Trijicon sights for a number of years. The publicity is driving some Moslem groups into a frenzy. Hahahahaha.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Trijicon could put " i like boys" on a scope and i'd still use it

i love Trijicon optics

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Trijicon said:

(Wixom, MI – Thursday, January 21, 2010) – Trijicon, Inc. today announced that effective yesterday, Wednesday, January 20, 2010, the company has offered to voluntarily stop putting references to scripture on all products manufactured for the U.S. military – and will provide, free of charge, 100 modification kits to the Pentagon to enable the removal of the references that are already on products that are currently deployed.

In response to concerns raised by the Department of Defense, Trijicon, Inc. initiated this action to ensure the war-time production needs of the troops are met as quickly as possible.

Specifically, Trijicon will:

* Remove the inscription reference on all U.S. military products that are in the company’s factory that have already been produced, but have yet to be shipped.
* Provide 100 modification kits to forces in the field to remove the reference on the already forward deployed optical sights.
* Ensure all future procurements from the Department of Defense are produced without scripture references.
* Offer foreign military forces that have purchased Trijicon products the same remedies for removing the scripture reference and the elimination of these references on future products.

Stephen Bindon, Trijicon President and CEO:
“Trijicon has proudly served the U.S. military for more than two decades, and our decision to offer to voluntarily remove these references is both prudent and appropriate,” Stephen Bindon, Trijicon President said. “We want to thank the Department of Defense for the opportunity to work with them and will move as quickly as possible to provide the modification kits for deployment overseas. We are honored that our products were selected by the United States military based on their superior effectiveness and overall value. Trijicon’s more than 250 American workers are proud and humbled to provide critical hardware for our nation’s brave service men and women and we look forward to working with the Department of Defense to ensure our immediate solutions are in compliance with the military’s standards requirements.”

:read: www.trijicon.com/whats_new.cfm?whats_newID=170#170

Last edited:

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
God Forbid us pissing off Muslim Extremists with Bible versus on sights used to send them to Allah. we wouldn't want to be insensitive to there feelings. haha

Users who are viewing this thread