Trilogy rotors wasted

boatmangc

Established Member
I have been using Snow Performance Methanol injection, spraying into throttle body, it has caused the coating to come off the rotors.
First: does anybody have a trilogy blower laying around?
Second: how about a twin screw?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Lightning guys strip the rotors on purpose as they are prone to flaking. Cobra rotors resisted flaking. I wouldn't sweat it to much unless it's causing other issues

musclemerc

Established Member
Damn if the rotors are that bad I would hate to see what happened to the valve train

Good luck on finding a Trilogy rotor pack. Might as well get a new TS

Last edited:

boatmangc

Established Member
Damn if the rotors are that bad I would hate to see what happened to the valve train

Good luck on finding a Trilogy rotor pack. Might as well get a new TS

It stuck 4 valves. Pulled it apart ann other than being coated with crap the internals are good, going to do rings and bearings since it's out. That was the cause of the compression loss we discussed on the other forum.

I would jump on a TS in a heartbeat, if I could find one.....
Right one looks like I'm sending out the Trilogy blower for a rebuild.

Had I not parked it and had valves stick I certainly would have killed the motor if I continued driving it.
Crank and cylinders are perfect.

musclemerc

Established Member
It stuck 4 valves. Pulled it apart ann other than being coated with crap the internals are good, going to do rings and bearings since it's out. That was the cause of the compression loss we discussed on the other forum.

I would jump on a TS in a heartbeat, if I could find one.....
Right one looks like I'm sending out the Trilogy blower for a rebuild.

Had I not parked it and had valves stick I certainly would have killed the motor if I continued driving it.
Crank and cylinders are perfect.

Good luck with the rebuild. You going back with the meth system?

musclemerc

Established Member
Why is a trilogy rotor pack any different from any other Magnuson 112 or eaton 112?

Why save money by getting Magnuson or Eaton rotors? Buy them direct from Trilogy and pay 4 time the market value for them like all Trilogy owners are expected to do.

Users who are viewing this thread