Trinity is no longer the most powerful production V8

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Something ain't right. 700hp and a 118 trap? What are stock Shelbys running in Colorado?

Dragtimes.info DA calculator results for Bandimere on 7/20/14 at 1:00-ish in the afternoon.

11.51 @ 124 corrected for that extreme 9000+ feet DA for a supercharged engine. Now it's only one run but I suspected that in the real world folks would be running 123-124 and 2-3 tenths slower than Dodge's hero run. Weight is a real killer and if this gets backed up with additional run data then the Hellcat auto will only be a tenth or two faster than a bone stock GT500 and the 6-speed will be a tenth or two slower despite having a gearing advantage.

dom418

Established Member
Thanks for the info TOB. Some great insight straight from the horse's mouth, the guy who actually helped lead the design of the hellcat. Ralph seems like a cool guy and I compare his influence to SRT as I do John Coletti's and SVT. So he was only able to get the Shelby to 192mph? That seems slightly low.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't doubt the things he said. I did make a crack along the lines of "oh come on, that thing is a brick" and he played it off the same way an old friend would have were we busting each others chops. We both laughed.

You're right about SRT being lucky to have him. I could only imagine how good the next SVT could be with him on our team.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Ralph is a good guy, met him at C/C a few years back. Didn't he just get a promotion and no longer runs SRT?? BTW, Motor Trend ran the GT 500 at 196+ on the Chrysler track in Arizona... The car was driven from Atlanta to AZ.

bpmurr

Established Member
Thanks for the info TOB. Some great insight straight from the horse's mouth, the guy who actually helped lead the design of the hellcat. Ralph seems like a cool guy and I compare his influence to SRT as I do John Coletti's and SVT. So he was only able to get the Shelby to 192mph? That seems slightly low.

He never said where they did the top speed testing. They may have run out of room but there was more left in the car.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
He never said where they did the top speed testing. They may have run out of room but there was more left in the car.

I wondered the same thing as he was replying to my question about top speed so I asked him if they went to Nardo as well. He said they didn't go to Nardo.

blueshelby

Question still remains, the value of it in the years to come compared to a Shelby GT500 ??
If Im correct, it still has a non aluminum block ??

Users who are viewing this thread