Trinity longblock into a Terminator?

timbo3282

Established Member
When will the Trinity be available to buy? Is it worth it or would I be better off stroking a 5.4 to get to 5.8 and building from there?

Ironhand

Banned
Do you plan on keeping your eaton parts with this or just dropping in a GT-500 long block?

Also, you dont stroke a 5.4. You can with a custom 4.250 Billet crank but that is between 3-4K for the crank alone.

You can also just get an iron or aluminum 5.4 block and have Darton sleeve it to accept a 3.7 bore piston.

Ironhand

Banned
Never heard of that... Sounds interesting.

Here is the old 5.4 in my Terminator

IMAG0453.gif

IMAG0379.gif

I had the shortblock built but Im selling that off and doing something different.

timbo3282

Established Member
Do you plan on keeping your eaton parts with this or just dropping in a GT-500 long block?

Also, you dont stroke a 5.4. You can with a custom 4.250 Billet crank but that is between 3-4K for the crank alone.

You can also just get an iron or aluminum 5.4 block and have Darton sleeve it to accept a 3.7 bore piston.

Well I'm using a Whipple now so I'd plan on using the Whipple or upgrading to a bigger Whipple.

If I want to get 5.4 or more displacement (whatever I can get to with a bored out 5.4) is that going to be the way to go or should I just buy the Trinity when it is available - I know it'll be a big nut to swallow but it looks like it'll be worth it.

Ironhand

Banned
Well I'm using a Whipple now so I'd plan on using the Whipple or upgrading to a bigger Whipple.

If I want to get 5.4 or more displacement (whatever I can get to with a bored out 5.4) is that going to be the way to go or should I just buy the Trinity when it is available - I know it'll be a big nut to swallow but it looks like it'll be worth it.

You can only bore a 5.4 .030 over unless you sleeve it to accept the 3.70 bore. The sleeved block is alittle north of 3k. The new GT-500 block is all aluminum and isnt sleeved but accepts a 3.7 bore piston(or close to it).

Users who are viewing this thread