Trinity TVS swap on 2012 gt500 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackredgt500

Established Member
Hey guys I managed to get a really good deal on a trinity TVS. Although its just the supercharger so I still need to buy an elbow for it. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a BPS elbow over the stock elbow if everything else is stock like the throttle body and intake?
Also what is the bolt size for the elbow? I cant find any elbows that come with the bolts.

For the swap from research I learned I need a oem 2013 belt and tune in addition to the supercharger and elbow that should be it right?
currently i just have a vmp 2.5 pulley and 90mm idler on the stock eaton. The 90mm idler i would reuse with a stock 2013 belt on the trinity blower. Anyways if any of my information is wrong someone please correct me or if you have any suggestions i am open to them. Thanks you guys

colin1966

Established Member
You can use your stock belt & the bolts from your stock blower elbow on the Trinity elbow.
If using the stock TB & CAI may as well stick to the stock trinity elbow.
Your 2.5 on the Eaton will not work on the Trinity.

You will need to do an injector upgrade also, check with your tuner as to what they recommend for injectors, usually 13/14 GT500 injectors are good for the Trinity blower swap (ask your tuner to be certain)

Doing the swap is very straightforward I have a .pdf how2 if you want to do the job yourself, pm me an email addy & I will send it.

Colin

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
With the stock tb/cai you might as well stay with the stock elbow/pulley as well. The cai will be close to pegging the maf and the tb will be a cutoff point. I would start with a bigger tb, cooling, tires. Then do the blower, injectors and bigger cai all at once. Your kind of modding backwards imo.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Stock elbow unless your TVS is ported or your go bigger than a CJ65 or VMP 67mm. VMP 67mm is a damn fine piece and its what I run.

Get a bigger intake now and have it written into the tune. You will have to upgrade your injectors to at least the 56#ers found on the 13-14 GT500. Depending on the tune, you might not need a pump booster, but I got one just to be on the safe side.

Im also running the VMP quick swap pulley system. You wont be able to run a 2.4" pulley on 91 pump gas alone. 2.65" on the trinity is the smallest recommended for 91. I run the 2.65" on the street, and the 2.4" on the track with Torco octane booster in the tank pushed to 100. VMP sells a 90mm idler pulley that bolts into the factory position. Dont need a belt swap.

Highly recommend a JLT or bobs PASSENGER side oil separator. Keeping the octane up is critical under boost. oil wash from the very active PCV system can potentially reduce octane. Plus, oil in the intake tract coating your intercooler is robbing you of intake air charge cooling ability.

Kel

Established Member
Hey guys I managed to get a really good deal on a trinity TVS. Although its just the supercharger so I still need to buy an elbow for it. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a BPS elbow over the stock elbow if everything else is stock like the throttle body and intake?
Also what is the bolt size for the elbow? I cant find any elbows that come with the bolts.

For the swap from research I learned I need a oem 2013 belt and tune in addition to the supercharger and elbow that should be it right?
currently i just have a vmp 2.5 pulley and 90mm idler on the stock eaton. The 90mm idler i would reuse with a stock 2013 belt on the trinity blower. Anyways if any of my information is wrong someone please correct me or if you have any suggestions i am open to them. Thanks you guys

I'm understanding the ported elbow is worth maybe 6-8 max horsepower over the non ported. You can find them in the for sale section ~$175, or new like $319 I believe?

KRS

Established Member
You can get a new OEM elbow from Autonation or Tasca for under $160, the part number is DR3Z-9A589-A

colin1966

Established Member

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I ran a trinity with a 2.4 on 91oct for years, just depends on your comfort level. When racing i did use a can of torco though, car ran great either way.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
All I can say is that I was advised by my tuner (see sig) that 91 and the boost a 2.4" pulley can make with a TVS on a 2011 GT500 is too aggressive. Ill prefer to err on the side of caution so I don't window my block. Just passing on what was considered safe by a reputable TVS tuner.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
All I can say is that I was advised by my tuner (see sig) that 91 and the boost a 2.4" pulley can make with a TVS on a 2011 GT500 is too aggressive. Ill prefer to err on the side of caution so I don't window my block. Just passing on what was considered safe by a reputable TVS tuner.
Smart move.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I say this because I have 91 and my tuner knows what my mods are and tuned it to my specs. I don't run a very aggressive tune due to only having 91 crap octane. I put in 101 octane at a pump once and spent over a $100.00. Won't be doing that again. A can of torco would be a ton more cheaper like op said if your worried about it.

slowbra1

Established Member
With the stock tb/cai you might as well stay with the stock elbow/pulley as well. The cai will be close to pegging the maf and the tb will be a cutoff point. I would start with a bigger tb, cooling, tires. Then do the blower, injectors and bigger cai all at once. Your kind of modding backwards imo.

I would follow nightrides advice, CO sign.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
So I'm running a 2.4 pulley on 91 octane.

I believe you can knock down the timing that way your not too aggressive. That way you can run 91oct with a 2.4 pulley and not hurt the motor.
Boost can hurt you regardless of timing.

Blackredgt500

Established Member
Thanks for your help everyone I ended up ordering JLT and adding that to the set up. Put everything on yesterday and the install was pretty simple. Im running the Trinity TVS 2.5 pulley, 56 lb injectors, JLT Big Air on 91 through a VMP tune. The car feels so fast its crazy. Now I really feel like i'm driving a Shelby GT500 I desperately need new tires asap. Probably gonna order nitto 555rs this week. Then potentially do control arms.

slowbra1

Established Member
Thanks for your help everyone I ended up ordering JLT and adding that to the set up. Put everything on yesterday and the install was pretty simple. Im running the Trinity TVS 2.5 pulley, 56 lb injectors, JLT Big Air on 91 through a VMP tune. The car feels so fast its crazy. Now I really feel like i'm driving a Shelby GT500 I desperately need new tires asap. Probably gonna order nitto 555rs this week. Then potentially do control arms.

Nice, you'll have blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread