Triple Gauge Pillar HELP HELP ANYBODY

alisha2an

I have a 2004 Cobra conv. I just moved to TN about 6 months ago. There is only one (suppose to be professional installation)shop here for automobiles that would install my 3 pod gauge/a pillar.

So I took my new guages and pod pillar with all wiring and evrything included in package to them to check to see if they could do this and do a great job at it.
They said YES that he could that he had even installed gauges on his Mustang. I thought great cuz I am really nervous about anybody srewing up my baby(cobra).

I got it back, it was more money than he quoted me which was ok with me if it looked prof and worked. IT DIDN'T.
He told me after I paid, that the silver thing in my cup holder I would have to find someone to weld it in to oil pan.(he knew which gauges I had before he started and then didn't hook it up said he couldn't)Oil Temp gauge.

He left a mess in my car - Didn't use the correct type of screw that would be flush they are sticking out of pillar - only connected 2 gauges and put the one that doesn't work on top so EVERYONE that even walks by the car can tell it is not functional - Didn't align the pillar it looks like a five year old did it not even halfway prof you can still see the pillar underneath (sticks out) -

I NEED HELP TO FIX THIS I NEED TO KNOW IS IT SUPPOSE TO REPLACE THE ORIGINAL PILLAR OR GO OVER IT? THEN ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME OR GIVE ME ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IT LOOK MORE PROF. WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

I can't leave it like this and I can't seem to find any pics of what it is suppose to look like on the internet up close where I can tell what I should do to cix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
dam that hurt my eyes reading :dw:

& yea we need pics

where in tn do you live now cause i got a few places i can refer ya to

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The how to thread is to teach people how to do things with a post describing and showing how your did it yourself.
Thread MOVED:
Try a few paragraphs tossed in for good measure next time too, Please.

What brand of pillar pod?
Pics?
What exactly do you want changed?(in pics)

Last edited:

Tkaugh29

Established Member
The fact that you don't know whether it replaces or goes over the existing pillar indicates that you do not have the knowledge to do this yourself, which is unfortunate because it is really easy depending which gauges you have.

It is supposed to replace the existing pillar.

I hope you get this sorted out, but you need to show us pictures in order for us so help.

SpectorV

Established Member
buy a new pillar (cheap) do the work yourself, its not hard. Make SURE the wiring is done RIGHT thats about it. Shield the wires as well and run them to keep them from burning on the motor etc.

Users who are viewing this thread