Triple pumps vs Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Triple pumps vs Boost-a-pump
We’ve received quite a few calls about the Ford dual pump systems. We’ve tested the 3 pump concept in ‘03 and decided against it. There’s a lot of good information on our website, particularly the latest FUEL PUMP TECH. http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...elpumptech.pdf
The triple pump concept reminds me of the guy who redesigned the paper clip into 13 moving parts. If 2 is good 3 is better, RIGHT? Of course 3 flow more than 2. Theoretically 50 % But the BOOSTAPUMP flows 50%. The BAP is a low cost proven concept, easy to install, maintenance free, a snap to calibrate and provides plenty of room to grow.And it was chosen for the Super Snake.
Again, let us not forget that the BAP makes 700RWHP with stock pumps on the ‘03 Cobra, 850 in the Shelby GT500 and Ford GT and 850 on the ‘05 up 3v Mustangs with FRP dual Shelby GT500 pump package-all WITH THE STOCK FUEL LINES AND RAILS! And the HP numbers for the cobra and Shelby are with the STOCK injectors and high Delta pressure.
This isn’t hearsay, theory, guessing or advertising. We’ve done it on our own test cars, dyno and flow bench. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
Remember the BAP is ONLY ACTIVATED AT WOT when the engine really needs the fuel. And the fuel lines and rails clearly support 900 RWHP. The ‘03 Cobra uses a smaller supply line. According to our test, the Shelby GT500 pumps need 11 amps@62psi and 12.3 amps@80psi, that’s 36 AMPS! Finally, leaving out the prv (pressure relief valve) can result in some serious issues i.e. fuel pressure spikes. The REASON Ford uses PRV’s-as do the pump manufactures-in their fuel system. There is no easier, more reliable and cost effective way to add 50% to the Ford pumps than the BOOST-A-PUMP.
Kenne Bell

MedVader

Established Member
I totally agree.

Paralleling pumps does nothing to up the fuel pressure which a necessary part of actually FLOWING more fuel through a given diameter fuel line.

And high pressure actually increases the effective size of the injector. And even increases atomization in the pintle spray = more efficient burn = more HP

The higher pressure of the BAP system is just like running higher voltage on wires. You can use a smaller gauge wire and still efficiently power the device at the other end.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Factory has twin design and a boost-a-pump makes 3.......no? I'm confused, your saying dont use 3 pumps?

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
We also totally...

We use the BAP's all the time and they work great.

The KB Dual Boost-A-Pump, Flow Matched 72lb Injectors, Evolution Performance Billet Fuel Rails and our tuning will support 1000 RWHP.

The Fastest Shelby GT500's out there are running this exact same setup and they back it up with 9 Second time slips.

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.

rdsnk46

Established Member
So I need to understand, factory twins(2 pumps) and a dual Boost-a-pump(2 pumps) is a total 4? 3 pumps is no good? Now I think I need asprin!

GarageLogic

Established Member
A Boost-A-Pump is not a fuel pump, it is a device that increases voltage (thus output) of the stock pumps. (2). When they say dual BAP, they mean it drives both FPDM's. It does not mean there are 4 fuel pumps.

MikeW

Established Member
A Boost-A-Pump is not a fuel pump, it is a device that increases voltage (thus output) of the stock pumps. (2). When they say dual BAP, they mean it drives both FPDM's. It does not mean there are 4 fuel pumps.

10Sel (keith) does not like BAP... I hope they are not band-aids cuz both of my cars have one LOL

rdsnk46

Established Member
Thanks man, I was confused!

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
As others have said, boosting the buss voltage as a means to get increased power delivered at lower currents is a very common tactic in motor control and it just "works". In fact, this is precisely why our Stage 2 MDM, which has been in development for quite a while and which we intend to have in the market a year from this summer, has an internal voltage booster to run the pumps at higher voltages. This device will be plug and play with the Stage 1 MDM but it will be able to drive pumps at up to 18V without using an external booster. When this device is out, you will have a choice to run either 1,2, or 3 pumps at normal voltages or boosted voltages.

Stay tuned.......the FUN is just beginning.

MJ

Waxbean

2007 Shelby GT 500
Established Member
Anyone ever had a BAP fail? Mine just went without any warnings at all...

Users who are viewing this thread