Trivial question but I'll ask it...

MLMike25

Established Member
For those that bluetooth connect their phones to their car...

Where are you putting YOUR phone?

In your pocket?
In your lap?
In the cup holder?
Elsewhere?????? :dw:

For now, I'm putting it in one of the cup holders. I stream Slacker from the phone to the car stereo via bluetooth, but I really don't feel like the cup holder is the "ideal" spot to stick my phone. (I'm one of "those" that don't want to miss an email/text msg as I work on the go.)

Anyone have any unique ideas or found any clever products to help with phone placement?

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
I put mine in the center console. Where the aux jacks are. You should be able to set your phone up to read your text. I haven't figured out how to get mine to do that just yet but a buddy of mine has his iPhone set up to read his.

Last edited:

danponjican

Established Member
Try an app called Vlingo. It will read you your text messages as well as emails over bluetooth audio.

Sent from my CM7 Droid Incredible on Tapatalk.

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member
In front of the shifter.
Over the buttons next to the shifter.
In the cup holders with the door closed.
In the passenger seat.
In my lap is usually where it is being that I plug it up to the usb.

AmnDucky

Established Member
I put mine in the center console. Where the aux jacks are. You should be able to set your phone up to read your text. I haven't figured out how to get mine to do that just yet but a buddy of mine has his iPhone set up to read his.

If you have a compatible phone, it should do it automatically.

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
I put mine in the cup holder and periodically check it as I drive to keep up on work emails. Works pretty good for me.

Grant808

Established Member
Use a big FAT rubber band and strap it to your head...

I just stick it in my pocket.

Personally, I hate all the people texting and emailing in their cars.

MLMike25

Established Member
Use a big FAT rubber band and strap it to your head...

I just stick it in my pocket.

Personally, I hate all the people texting and emailing in their cars.

This wasn't a thread titled "how do you feel about texting/emailing in cars?" I don't know why you felt the need to leave such HELPFUL info.

Does anyone find that their iphone does not automatically bluetooth connect when you get in the car? I keep a USB plugged in, and I keep BT activated on the phone. When I press the AUX button, the radio defaults to something that's not USB. Anyone know how to make my phone auto-connect so that I don't have to do it each time?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The iPhone is not compatible with SYNC's text message system.

As far as bluetooth streaming, the car "should" default to the last parameters it was set on. You may want to set the sync back to the factory defaults then select bluetooth audio stream. That may cure that problem.

Ordie

Established Member
I plug my iPhone into the USB with the 8" cord I have from my Alpine setup in my other car and leave it in the Center Console. I have so many choices, Sirius, iPod, FM....

Ordie

Established Member
Does anyone find that their iphone does not automatically bluetooth connect when you get in the car? I keep a USB plugged in, and I keep BT activated on the phone.
Mine connects as soon as I turn on the car. the Bluetooth Icon is on when I start it up. I left my phone at home the other day and the Icon didn't turn on. So I know it sees when the phone is/isn't there.

When I press the AUX button, the radio defaults to something that's not USB. Anyone know how to make my phone auto-connect so that I don't have to do it each time?

I think it defaults to Sync Line In..

Menu Button > dial to "Source" > dial to "Sync USB" I'm still getting used to the setup myself .

Last edited:

MLMike25

Established Member
After researching, it seems that this is not possible. Seems that a Sync update now makes AUX default to line-in instead of making it default to the setting previously used.

Since my car was purchased a few days ago, it very likely has this update.

Seems like a lot of people didn't like the fact that their phones started auto-playing when the BT pairing occurs after they get in the car... and that's what I want. Oh well.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to downgrade to a previous version of Sync? lol

Ordie

Established Member
Yes, this. I want it to default to bluetooth when I hit AUX instead of having to shuffle the settings to BT. Is this possible?
Bluetooth audio to listen to music? Hit the steering wheel button and just say Bluetooth Audio. Cand get much more simple than that..

I'll do some reading up though I want to know more about this too.

Last edited:

MLMike25

Established Member
I went to the mysync website. I spoke to an advisor and found a thread. Seems like it is not possible to make it default to bt.

You're right, the voice command is easy but the system really should save the setting.

AmnDucky

Established Member
I don't know why my phone wouldn't be compatible. I have the iPhone 4 through Verizon.

Because it's an iPhone and Apple is run by a bunch of power hungry assholes that won't play nice with other companies and choose to make everything proprietary and locked down :-D

Users who are viewing this thread