trouble tuning

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
OK, so put a water meth setup on my turbo cobra I picked up about a month ago. It is at fast lane motor sports in benson NC there telling me that they CAN NOT re-flash the pcm. They have had it sense monday and said they have tried almost everything they can think of. It has a SCT chip and was originally tuned in TX i talked to they guy I got the car from and he said he never had a problem. Any one have any idea what is going on or maby had this problem in the past?

big dad

Established Member
By chip do you mean one that is plugged into the PCM board? If so, that has to be removed prior to reflashing through the OBDII connector.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
By chip do you mean one that is plugged into the PCM board? If so, that has to be removed prior to reflashing through the OBDII connector.

Yes it is the chip that plugs into the PCM. Ill ask when I talk to the tuner in the morning. Its just seems like they would know to do that I mean these guys tune hundreds of mustangs and they told me they called SCT to figure it out.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Caleb at Fastlane knows his stuff Very Well. I'm surprised he hasn't offered to import the tune file through an Xcal,that way you can rule out the ECU. I'm sure they have an unlocked one laying around somewhere at the shop..

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
They told me that they tried to use a unlocked Xcal but nothing helped. They told me that nothing they are trying is doing anything they can load a tune but its like the PCM wont use the tune. Real strange and evan more frustrating.

Quagmire

Established Member
it is a communication problem, can they pull dtcs?
Remove chip, power fail. see if that works.
Sometimes the EE Prom gets fudge with chips

Last edited:

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
it is a communication problem, can they pull dtcs?
Remove chip, power fail. see if that works.
Sometimes the EE Prom gets fudge with chips

Can you elaborate a little more? It seems like your on the right track but I don't understand it like you do.

Users who are viewing this thread