TRT discussion

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Jesus, the real hard part is about to start.. those last few weeks of prep.
Yeah, that’s when they get so depleted and weak they can barely walk into the gym. It’s all stupid. Lift to be healthy and strong and aesthetic but take it too far and you become unhealthier than fat slobs eating micky D’s everyday.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah, that’s when they get so depleted and weak they can barely walk into the gym. It’s all stupid. Lift to be healthy and strong and aesthetic but take it too far and you become unhealthier than fat slobs eating micky D’s everyday.
Exactly, especially the older we get.. your body can’t take that shit anymore.

MG0h3

Established Member
Exactly, especially the older we get.. your body can’t take that shit anymore.

Yep. We’ve discussed this before.

Chief just started a 1000lb club at work.

Standard squat bench dead.

I don’t do squats much anymore due to shoulder surgery after a tussle at work ended in a torn labrum. Hurts to get my arm back far enough. Been doing leg press and front squats for years. Torn labrum in my hip but it doesn’t hurt.

Went up to 335 sets of 6. I do sets of 8-10 315 on dead’s.

Don’t really do flat bench but I’ll toss the 120s around in dumbbell press.

Pretty sure I can get my T shirt already and be done with it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I don’t do squats much anymore due to shoulder surgery after a tussle at work ended in a torn labrum. Hurts to get my arm back far enough. Been doing leg press and front squats for years. Torn labrum in my hip but it doesn’t hurt.

I do leg press and hack squats, no more traditional squats, the neurosurgeon said to stop if I wanted to stay out of a wheel chair. I use a hex bar for neutral grip deads, you can also really work the quads like squat too using a hex bar.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

I do leg press and hack squats, no more traditional squats, the neurosurgeon said to stop if I wanted to stay out of a wheel chair. I use a hex bar for neutral grip deads, you can also really work the quads like squat too using a hex bar.
I started training for the 1K club just for shits and giggles and was focusing on my deadlifts first. At 405lbs is when I discovered I had knee problems, torn meniscus on my right and something the doc called a "hole" in my left and that was the end of that.

MG0h3

Established Member

Hack squats kill my knees

MG0h3

Established Member
That first set is brutal, try to warm them up a little on a bike or elliptical fit 5-10 mins light cardio.

Always do.

Forgot to add that when the doc fixed my torn meniscus after I darted myself jumping across a wash, he told me there’s not much cartilage left.

This job has destroyed me lol.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I stopped squatting and deadlifting about 2 years ago. I still do bb rows, leg press, hack squats, weight pull ups. I mainly do free weights with some machine work…leg day is definitely lighter weights and higher reps compared to my other days. I’m maintaining. I’m honestly kind of losing interest in it. I go because I’ve gone for the past 17 years and I don’t know what else to do…it’s like breathing…I enjoy certain lifts but overall, I’m kind of over it.

96dreamer

Established Member
I miss lifting heavy. Peaked at a 585 dl l, 555 squat and 365ish bench before I had shoulder surgery back in 2020. Never fully recovered. DL got back up to ~550 before I started having a lower back/ hip issue I can't shake. Shoulder mobility keeps me from getting under a bar for squats and flat bench I all but gave up.

I'm too beat up for turning 35 this August.

MG0h3

Established Member
I miss lifting heavy. Peaked at a 585 dl l, 555 squat and 365ish bench before I had shoulder surgery back in 2020. Never fully recovered. DL got back up to ~550 before I started having a lower back/ hip issue I can't shake. Shoulder mobility keeps me from getting under a bar for squats and flat bench I all but gave up.

I'm too beat up for turning 35 this August.

Oofff. Geez ya that’s pretty young to be hanging those problems.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Dude has a death wish… whether just doing TRT or stepping on the gas to get on stage, gotta do the bloodwork and watch/track your vitals like blood pressure and heart rate. Some of these guys are absolutely nuts with dosages and trying to stay stage ready 365 days a year. The diuretics they take cause the most harm, probably more so than cranking anabolics, that’s where you start really see heart and kidney problems.
I used to follow professional bodybuilding pretty closely and it's scary how many of those guys are dead now(in their 40s/50s) from heart and liver/kidney ailments.

phils04gt

Established Member
I used to follow professional bodybuilding pretty closely and it's scary how many of those guys are dead now(in their 40s/50s) from heart and liver/kidney ailments.
Yeesh.. guessing from massive amounts of T. I'm on the fence of starting. Urologist said it's an option. Gramps died of prostate cancer though. Know it doesn't necessarily cause it but makes me a little reluctant. 41 now and can feel the slowdown.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yeesh.. guessing from massive amounts of T. I'm on the fence of starting. Urologist said it's an option. Gramps died of prostate cancer though. Know it doesn't necessarily cause it but makes me a little reluctant. 41 now and can feel the slowdown.
I doubt just from T. Like 03Sssnake said the different 'roids and diuretics they use. Takes a toll on your organs.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would HIGHLY recommened u guys make an appointment with Dr. Oconnor. He is the Anabolic Doc on Youtube. NO ONE knows more about Testosterone than him period! He is the Guru!

I did the remote thing Via Zoom after getting blood work locally. A local Pro bodybuilder turned me onto him and SWEARS by him!

Stop guessing or listening to ur friends for advice who know nothing and stop using ur Family physician who doesnt know dick either about TRT.

If u go to a TRT doctor he will know more then ur family doc but he wont even be able to scratch the surface of what Dr. Oconnor knows trust me on that.

There is a TRT doctor now on every corner smfh.... This dude is just amazing I cant say enough good things about him.

U wanna be scholled on how to play basketball at ur local park or do u want Larry Bird coming to ur house to teach u? Yea, its that much of a difference from the CLOWN most of u are seeing for TRT.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I would HIGHLY recommened u guys make an appointment with Dr. Oconnor. He is the Anabolic Doc on Youtube. NO ONE knows more about Testosterone than him period! He is the Guru!

I did the remote thing Via Zoom after getting blood work locally. A local Pro bodybuilder turned me onto him and SWEARS by him!

Stop guessing or listening to ur friends for advice who know nothing and stop using ur Family physician who doesnt know dick either about TRT.

If u go to a TRT doctor he will know more then ur family doc but he wont even be able to scratch the surface of what Dr. Oconnor knows trust me on that.

There is a TRT doctor now on every corner smfh.... This dude is just amazing I cant say enough good things about him.

U wanna be scholled on how to play basketball at ur local park or do u want Larry Bird coming to ur house to teach u? Yea, its that much of a difference from the CLOWN most of u are seeing for TRT.

What’s his opinion on people that participated in covid vaccine trials?

phils04gt

Established Member

Didn't think he was taking new patients. I'll have to check again.

Users who are viewing this thread