TRT discussion

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For those using insulin needles for test injections, are you going sub q or intramuscular?
I’ve always heard that intramuscular is better for oleophillic suspensions like test

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
IM with these from EasyTouch. I don’t like subq at all and will get a reaction from going subq at the injection site. Shallow IM is possible in the delts with an insulin syringe, most are pretty lean here. If injecting elsewhere…I will use a 25 gauge 1-1.5” luer lock needle and luer lock syringe.

IMG_6783.jpeg

Dave.O

Established Member
IM with these from EasyTouch. I don’t like subq at all and will get a reaction from going subq at the injection site. Shallow IM is possible in the delts with an insulin syringe, most are pretty lean here. If injecting elsewhere…I will use a 25 gauge 1-1.5” luer lock needle and luer lock syringe.

View attachment 1818986[/

This was what i was actually inquiring about.

I didn’t think the standard insulin needle you pictured was long enough for a glute IM

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah you are going to need at least an inch for glutes if not more, like 1.5”.. I don’t do glute, but I do inject ventroglute, still need at least 1” there. Delts are easy and I keep them in the rotation with ventroglute and occasionally the quads. Though the quad area can be tricky with all the nerves.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
FYI…I do IM with a 1/2 27 guage in my upper thigh. Has been working great. I don’t feel a 1-1.5in is needed for the thigh. I am pretty lean in my legs naturally so maybe it’s just me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
FYI…I do IM with a 1/2 27 guage in my upper thigh. Has been working great. I don’t feel a 1-1.5in is needed for the thigh. I am pretty lean in my legs naturally so maybe it’s just me.
I don’t need much in the outer quads either, leanAF there, the insulin pin will get it done. In the glute area I do want to make sure its deep/IM.. otherwise you will get irritation, at least I do.

IMG_6787.jpeg

IMG_5887.jpeg

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I’ve thought of doing EOD. Just haven’t done it yet. Not sure why honestly

zstanny

I don’t need much in the outer quads either, leanAF there, the insulin pin will get it done. In the glute area I do want to make sure its deep/IM.. otherwise you will get irritation, at least I do.

View attachment 1818994
View attachment 1818997
Friggen tree trunks.

I have done IM in quads strictly. Occasionally will hit a nerve and my leg will thump quite significantly. But like you, my legs stay lean enough that I can also see my larger veins and can avoid those (just mental security more than anything). There's some great youtubes and visual aids on IM quad pinning "safe zones". I've thought about doing IMs with insulin pins - but I have to PUSH the 25g 1" I normally use.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I would probably wuss out pinning my quad if I couldn't see most of my veins LOL

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Friggen tree trunks.

I have done IM in quads strictly. Occasionally will hit a nerve and my leg will thump quite significantly. But like you, my legs stay lean enough that I can also see my larger veins and can avoid those (just mental security more than anything). There's some great youtubes and visual aids on IM quad pinning "safe zones". I've thought about doing IMs with insulin pins - but I have to PUSH the 25g 1" I normally use.

LOL believe it or not they were bigger when I was younger. Ridiculous trying to get dress slacks on and dress socks over my calves.

As far as pinning with an insulin pin, it is tough to push a lot of oil, hell even filling it up is a chore. The insulin pin really only works well with 2x, 3x or EOD pinning schedule since the amount's/dosage drawn into the syringe will be a lot less than one big dose done 1x weekly.

RE: quads, they can be a minefield. I just go slow, that way if you hit a nerve it may just roll out of the way and/or you can back off.

zstanny

LOL believe it or not they were bigger when I was younger. Ridiculous trying to get dress slacks on and dress socks over my calves.

As far as pinning with an insulin pin, it is tough to push a lot of oil, hell even filling it up is a chore. The insulin pin really only works well with 2x, 3x or EOD pinning schedule since the amount's/dosage drawn into the syringe will be a lot less than one big dose done 1x weekly.

RE: quads, they can be a minefield. I just go slow, that way if you hit a nerve it may just roll out of the way and/or you can back off.
My peak/trough delta is 900-600ish usually. I do have slightly higher BP in the peak day or two - and my bloodwork is perfect. I don't know HOW EOW used to be a thing docs would recommend....
Have some leftover insulin pins from HCG orders - might try 2X/wk with those. I only pin 0.5mL a week as-is.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My peak/trough delta is 900-600ish usually. I do have slightly higher BP in the peak day or two - and my bloodwork is perfect. I don't know HOW EOW used to be a thing docs would recommend....
Have some leftover insulin pins from HCG orders - might try 2X/wk with those. I only pin 0.5mL a week as-is.
That would work for sure, drawing and pushing .25 twice a week won’t be too bad. FWIW you can use a blow dryer or warm water to heat the vial/oil a little for 30 seconds or so, makes drawing it easier.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
I draw with an 18g and inject with a 1/2 27g via luer lock needles. It’s easy. I don’t use diabetic syringes. Too easy to use luer lock and normal 3cc syringes. I inject twice a week 50-70mg each….that is one con to my method. The measurement isn’t super precise but it’s close enough.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I draw with an 18g and inject with a 1/2 27g via luer lock needles. It’s easy. I don’t use diabetic syringes. Too easy to use luer lock and normal 3cc syringes. I inject twice a week 50-70mg each….that is one con to my method. The measurement isn’t super precise but it’s close enough.
I love the luer lock, but have trouble sourcing the 27 gauge hypodermic needles. That’s why I have been using the diabetic pins in my delts. When I am using the 25 gauge I do draw with bigger needle, then inject with a 25. Where are you sourcing them?

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
I love the luer lock, but have trouble sourcing the 27 gauge hypodermic needles. That’s why I have been using the diabetic pins in my delts. When I am using the 25 gauge I do draw with bigger needle, then inject with a 25. Where are you sourcing them?
I forget where I bought mine but if I google 1/2-27 luer lock I get a variety of sites that have them. I bought 200 which should last nearly 2 years…they’re pretty easy to find.

I could probably get reimbursed through my HSA too…

Users who are viewing this thread