TRUCARBON gauge pod

Thalilbear02

Established Member
How far back does it cover? Do you need to make a hole in the dash to accommodate?

I think the Ford racing one makes you cut a hole too right? This is still on my 'to do' list, so I haven't done it myself, but I think both would require holes at least somewhere. Just not sure if it's under the gauge mount or elsewhere.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Yes but some of them go all the way back to the AC vent and you can go in through there. I don't want to cut a hole in my dash.

Vert

Established Member
How far back does it cover? Do you need to make a hole in the dash to accommodate?
I ran all of my wires through heat shrink that exits the back of my pod and then all of the wires will tuck between the dash and windshield. I ran mine over to the drivers pillar then into the hole under the pillar. Once they are tuck, you cant see them from inside nor outside.

Jabooh1

Established Member
About how far of exposed wire do you have between the back of the pod and the windshield? I want mechanical gauges and don't want a lot of tubing back there.

Vert

Established Member
About 5-6" until it reaches the back of dash. I ran 12v wire, ground, boost\vac line, aeroforce cord and oil sending wire in the heat shrink. I ran my power and grounds together in the pod and ran one line out for each.

mitchster

Established Member
What three gauges are you going to put in there? A long time ago in my 1970 Road Runner I had
1. Volts
2. Water temp
3. Oil pressure

Would you use on for Boost if you had a supercharger? Mitch

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
I'll run one for boost, one for oil pressure, and one for air fuel most likely.

I was just trying to get an idea of what this will look like, but it seems like no one is using it.

Users who are viewing this thread