Truck being weird, im losing hope, help guys!!!

NeverEndn

Established Member
We'll i will try to make this short but its kinda hard. I have yet to figure it out weither or not its the tranny or something to do with the motor. When i'm just cruisin doing about 30-40mph my truck feel like its chugging a bit very faintly as if someones got a rope tide to the back of it tugging on it a bit and when i turn over drive off its even worse like it almost sounds and feels like its miss fire but it drives fine tho when you get on the gas it only when you totally let off while coming to a stop or just crusing or like when your just rolling down a hill coming up to a stop you can feel the truck jerking its weird and you can hear it acting up through my exhaust the way its messing up also every year i put my truck away for the winter and this year when i took my truck out my exhaust crackels and pops like crazy almost like a back fire sometimes, and I know its suppose to crackle and pop a bit since i have headers but it didnt do it this bad last year so if anybody has any help you would be my life saver cause the dealer keeps giving it back saying theres nothing wrong with it they just plug it in and say its ok. So PLEASE somebody's gotta know something. My exhaust is almost annoying its sounds like **** sometimes especially it only crackles and pops really bad at high speeds when deaccelerating. Thanks guys. I am hoping it will be one small thing that will solve all, the truck is an 04 Lightning with 10 000 miles and mods are CAI, FTVB, Full exhaust. And i just put the FTVB in last year and it worked all last year with no probs. Shifting is not a prob it seems all the problems are on de acceleration and or just cruising almost like its missfiring but if it was that case the truck wouldnt run good at all. But it runs great when you get on it. I dont know im hopeless i lost all hope so far cause know one has found a cure yet maybe you guys can point me in the right direction on at least something the dealer can look at. Thanks again!

Stinger2007

Established Member
No immediate code being thrown. No leaks of any sort. No obvious, or visual problems. Process of elimination, assuming it was running fine before U put her up for the winter. Check fluids, "tranny", change filters starting with fuel\tranny filter. I'd then look at all the hoses\vacuum etc, and obvious things like the plugs. Do you have a tune?

I'm sure others will chime in, good luck.

Last edited:

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Another thing to consider is that the CAI may have altered the airflow through the MAF - try rotating the MAF 90 degrees.

Bird

NeverEndn

Established Member
Thanks guys for your help i really appreciate it, i will definitely be looking at the stuff that was mentioned but no i have already put like 4 tanks of gas in it since i brought it out, and i dont have a tune its stock. But im gonna take it to the dealer and tell them to change all my fluids, filters and check my vacuum lines then to check the plugs and coil packs then go from there. Thanks guys, and this may be a dumb question but what one is the EGR , is that the one that plugs into CAI.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
NeverEndn said:
Thanks guys for your help i really appreciate it, i will definitely be looking at the stuff that was mentioned but no i have already put like 4 tanks of gas in it since i brought it out, and i dont have a tune its stock. But im gonna take it to the dealer and tell them to change all my fluids, filters and check my vacuum lines then to check the plugs and coil packs then go from there. Thanks guys, and this may be a dumb question but what one is the EGR , is that the one that plugs into CAI.
Its bolted to the driver side of the upper intake. it has two bolts and is round.One vacuum hose going to it. sorry it took so long to get back,,,,just been real busy.

NeverEndn

Established Member
so do i unbolt it and take it for a ride, or just unplug the the little vacuum line thats on it , by doing this what will it do what should i look for while doing this , should i take it for a ride just down my road or let it sit. Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread