Truck is slower after pulley change and other mods

zeeman800

Established Member
I'm currently working on a buddies 02 Harley truck, its the same motor as the lightning and figured you guys would know more than the HD section of the forum. Long story short I orderd and 8# crank pulley, CAI, TR6 plugs, oil seperator, boost bypass, BA2600 MAF,and a single blade throttle body from Lightning Force Performance and an SCT handheld with their tune. I just finished installing all the mods, took the truck for a ride and its slower than before. The truck wont even break the tires loose. Anyone know what my problem could be, or ever heard of this. The blower pulley is also a 3.25 so 8#pulley is basically like adding a 6# to a lightning. I checked all the vaccum lines and it looks like everythings good. It also has a 180 degree thermostat. Their is also alot of oil bleeding off into the oil separator. It almost seems like a vapor lock within the intercooler pump system. The blower is getting extremely hot.

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
Take the boost bypass off, it's a pointless mod. What range did you gap the plugs? Also, when I got my SCT tune one of the guys who does the tune contacted me and told me they didn't have a tune to support the BA2600. I don't know if they do now or not, but that could be the problem also. Try taking the boost bypass off then see if it runs like you think it should, and if that doesn't work try putting the stock MAF back on also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread