Truck is throwing codes

99GTvert

Established Member
It's time for an echeck on my 2001 HD F150 but I have a CEL. The code indicated lean bank 2. What could cause only one bank to run lean? I changed out the 02 sensors and that didn't fix it. I am changing out the fuel filter now, hoping that could be it, because after that the only thing I can think of would be injectors which aren't cheap. The truck occasionally stumbles while idling but never stalls, sometimes while accelerating normally, power seems to hit a wall, then I give it more gas and it continues to accelerate. Also this past winter it took a few attempts to start it on some of the colder mornings.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
It's time for an echeck on my 2001 HD F150 but I have a CEL. The code indicated lean bank 2. What could cause only one bank to run lean? I changed out the 02 sensors and that didn't fix it. I am changing out the fuel filter now, hoping that could be it, because after that the only thing I can think of would be injectors which aren't cheap. The truck occasionally stumbles while idling but never stalls, sometimes while accelerating normally, power seems to hit a wall, then I give it more gas and it continues to accelerate. Also this past winter it took a few attempts to start it on some of the colder mornings.

Stop throwing parts at it, as it sounds like a spark issue.

Change your plugs, and clear the code. If that doesn't fix it, swap the coils one by one from one side to the other. Once you get a misfire on the other bank you'll know which coil is bad.

99GTvert

Established Member
If it is missing wouldn't it read rich though? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just don't understand. I already changed out the 5 easy to reach plugs and they all seemed ok.

Users who are viewing this thread