Truck run over my Mailbox

xTomKx

Established Member
While I was away for thanksgiving I got a call from my neighbour. While they were getting a new washer delivered from Sears and the truck hit my mailbox. The neighbour noticed it and took down his licenseplate and phone number. I sent them an estimate and they ignored it and wouldn't return my voicemail.

I called Sears and filed a claim. After a while they are saying that the delivery was made by a contractor and that I have to deal with them directly. Sears only provided me with an email address and I can't find any information about this company. I send them an email but they are ignoring me.

What can I do? Do I need a Police report?

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
While I was away for thanksgiving I got a call from my neighbour. While they were getting a new washer delivered from Sears and the truck hit my mailbox. The neighbour noticed it and took down his licenseplate and phone number. I sent them an estimate and they ignored it and wouldn't return my voicemail.

I called Sears and filed a claim. After a while they are saying that the delivery was made by a contractor and that I have to deal with them directly. Sears only provided me with an email address and I can't find any information about this company. I send them an email but they are ignoring me.

What can I do? Do I need a Police report?

Get back in touch with Sears and request the company's name and address of their business agent in the state and let them know if they don't provide it you will file a small claims action against Sears and they will have to send an attorney to defend it.

xTomKx

Established Member
Get back in touch with Sears and request the company's name and address of their business agent in the state and let them know if they don't provide it you will file a small claims action against Sears and they will have to send an attorney to defend it.

I got on the phone with sears and had a small fit. Told them what you suggested and it worked. Next day I got a phone call from the delivery company manager who provided me all of his information and promissed that he would take care of it quick. I think the delivery company is worried that sears may cancel their contracts.
We will see how it goes from here but I'm about to send them emails and call them every day. The squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Glad it worked out. :beer:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Just checking back in and noticed your trader rating(-1) and looked up the thread. Can you not get a mod to correct that for you?

Ahhh... Im not worried about it. Life is rough, so I have a helmet handy. I can always just point people to my ebay rating if they have worries about something I am buying or selling.

Users who are viewing this thread