Truck running too rich or is something wrong?

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
ive had an exhaust leak and it seems to be getting worse. i had someone look at it when they were putting in the TC and the guy said the bolts were stuck he cant get it out without damaging the thread. Since i cant afford for the truck to be down i said screw it and i was just plannning to replace it. well months down the road, i bought a new house and everything, now im too broke to replace my exhaust system :lol:

anyway, its always had the black ring around the leak and the exhaust tip is black in just a week of driving. Now i noticed that when i start it up, its blowing out grayish smoke and when revved, it puffs out some every now and then (not always). Truck runs great but it smells horrible lol

Rick @ ATS already tuned it with 15% leaner than my original tune. Is there a way i can set it on SCT leaner to compensate for this or is it not smart to do that? Also, i know i should probably fix the leak and whatnot, but im just looking for a short term fix.

Ps: i dont have a wideband but i am accepting donations. I am also accepting donations in the form of cash and parts.

thanks!

Mai

Users who are viewing this thread