Truck Shopping Rant

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
So, I sold my Cobra earlier this week and have been on the hunt for a pickup all week. Found a nice Nissan Frontier, 08, 17k miles etc etc. It was an hour and a half drive away at Carmax. Called them, told them I wanted to come look at it and wanted to make sure it was still available. Girl says yea, I'll hold it for you.

Fast forward 90 minutes later, I get there and ask for Heather. She comes up, says she's going to lunch because it was the only 30 minute window she had and passes me off to another girl. So we set off looking for this truck. Can't seem to find it. Turns out it was sold while I was on my way up there because Heather didn't put a sign in it.

Now, the Manager has been nice, working with me trying to find another one to transfer in for free, but there simply isn't another one like it at any other Carmax locations. Shit is aggravating.

rexisme

Established Member
So you're upset that they sold something that you didn't put a deposit down on? I know it sucks but in the business of selling cars, money talks and peoples "word" is shit. Sucks you drove that far but last time I drove 90+ miles to check out a car I put down a $100 refundable deposit.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
so you're upset that they sold something that you didn't put a deposit down on? I know it sucks but in the business of selling cars, money talks and peoples "word" is shit. Sucks you drove that far but last time i drove 90+ miles to check out a car i put down a $100 refundable deposit.

+1

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Sucks dude. At least you're only out some time and a little cash for gas. Think of it as a life lesson, "Never trust the salesman"

-Eric

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
So you're upset that they sold something that you didn't put a deposit down on? I know it sucks but in the business of selling cars, money talks and peoples "word" is shit. Sucks you drove that far but last time I drove 90+ miles to check out a car I put down a $100 refundable deposit.

Sucks dude. At least you're only out some time and a little cash for gas. Think of it as a life lesson, "Never trust the salesman"

-Eric

Actually, I used to be a salesman for Carmax in college. Not quite how they work. They started the internet/phone sales when I was still employed there. They're supposed to hold the car and allow 2 hours drive time for you to look at, drive, apply for financing. I was told the car was held for me, I made the drive, and it wasn't there.

ETA: That's why the sales manager said he would waive any transfer fees to bring in another truck like it from any other Carmax in the country. Only problem is there's not another one like it at any other Carmax locations.

Last edited:

rexisme

Established Member

-Eric

How can you blame the salesman? You know how many times a day that someone tells them they are going to come check something out? A person not local and even 30+ miles away is hard to believe they are coming. To show them you are serious and to have the car held you give them $ that is refundable if the car is not what you were looking for or as advertised.

It is their job to sell cars. So if you have someone saying ok, yes I'll pay you your no haggle price, here. Are you going to miss out on a possible sale because someone said they were coming to take a "look" at the truck/car? They weren't even serious enough to give a deposit or pay to have the car delivered to a local carmax (which you can get refunded if its not as described). Sorry but when it comes to money being put in your pocket or food in your families mouth, a buyers word doesnt mean shit. Money talks.

No, I dont sell cars for a living,Ha.

Users who are viewing this thread