Trucks TV 454 SS vs Lightning shootout

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
I had been waiting for this for a long time and I missed it. Luckily I found the vid of last weeks shootout between the 454 SS and 1st gen lightning on Trucks TV. I did a search and didnt find that this has been posted yet. Hope you enjoy.

Full Episode Player

RareYellowAsp

Established Member
In one of the episodes, they brought on the tuner from Dynospeed Racing. I know he personally tuned my car also, plus a lot of the other cars on this forum. That says alot about their quality.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I don't get it. Those 1/8 mile times were equivalent to a high 13 second pass. That is sad for their modifications. Also, I thought the Lightnings had ABS for the front discs. Why was it locking up?

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
It was a good vid. I thought the lightning had ABS also. When it was locked up that guy just kept his foot in it. Wonder what the 1/4 would look like. Both nice trucks though.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
It was a good vid. I thought the lightning had ABS also. When it was locked up that guy just kept his foot in it. Wonder what the 1/4 would look like. Both nice trucks though.

Exactly. Anyone with a brain would have controlled that differently. It was set up. Speaking of being set up, he was driving like a jack ass through those cones. He was jerking the steering wheel back and forth until the rear end came loose. :dw:

I'm not picking sides on the outcome, I just don't think they made it very believable.

Users who are viewing this thread