True Blue Lightning - Best offer

Montanasvt

Established Member
you might as well wait till the market gets better... lightnings are not wanted as much as they use to be...Low mileage cobras are even having a hard time selling for $20k...not to offend you, but i could see you getting 16-17k for it...but you never know, someone may pay that much for it.. hell my dumba** cousin just paid 22,000$ for an 04 w/ 40k miles....

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
my buddy will be in the market for a L early next yr after his deployment but he lives in MD. I'll send it his way for future reference maybe he's willing to take the leap over there. What kind of #'s does she make?

02_Lightning

Established Member
It is a 400/500 truck. Holding on to it for a few more months would not be that bad. I just really would like to free up some space, and have less to move.
You know, I have had all kinds of wacky offers for this truck. Someone had enough guts to offer $11,000 for it... that was an insult to me. If people really only think that it is worth $15k-$16k, then I will go out and drive it everyday in the rain and snow so that I can add another 20,000 miles to it. Or maybe just sell the shell and keep the engine!! Then, it would be worth that price. The other thing that gets me is that NOBODY cares that it is true blue. Am I the only one that thinks 1 in 1130 is a collectors item?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
it happens man. I bought my Cobra from a guy on here who had the same shitty types of offers. It's true that mods don't add value but something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it IMO. The color is good but to only someone that believes it and is willing to pay for it. If you think you car is worth $25K but nobody is going to pay for it then you either keep it or bite the bullett. I passed it onto my buddy so keep the thread posted if you sell it.

02_Lightning

Established Member
I understand that the modifications won't sell the truck, so that is why there are very few on this truck. This will be a great truck to do whatever you want with and be able to start with a fresh truck at susch low mileage. Plus, someone will have piece of mind knowing it is coming from the original owner that has all of the paperwork on the truck. Background on it proves it has no engine issue history and zero accident/paint history.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Bump for a sweet truck. Miss my 04 Lightning, but got a GT500 now. It will sell for 20K to the right buyer. Don't give it away.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Thanks - this truck will not sell for less than $20,000. At this price, the truck is being given away as it is. Whoever buys it can turn around and make a profit on it in five more years as long as it was kept as a garage queen like I have. This fully documented, 1 owner, accident free, engine work free, paint work free truck will make someone happy. Someone specifically looking for a true blue truck will buy this... I don't think that the normal Lightning buyer has any appreciation for what this truck is. I also think that nobody cares about low mileage or full documentation. Lack of documentation is why I do not buy used cars. Also, many selling on here think that 30,000 - 40,000 miles is "low mileage"... so that must make my 15,700 mile truck ultra low mileage? I guess nobody cares that they would be getting a vehicle that is nearly right from the dealership... an average of 2242 miles driven per year!!

So, offers below $20,000 will not work.

SMKNGT

Gotta love a V8 Girl!
Established Member
Good luck, Hope it goes for the right price. You're right, Hell I've seen 80k+ stock 02-04 trucks going for 15k+

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Not to put it down but I saw a true blue with 18K miles on it and it sold on ebay for right around 17.5K.

Its a sad time, I sold my Cobra this summer cause I knew if I hung onto it another year it would be sad to see how it would depreciate.

And it was a SB cobra which is 1 in 1050 (give or take a few)

02_Lightning

Established Member
I have had offers of $17k, but that is just not enough for this truck. It isn't like I have to sell it, but I would like to. $20,000 is one heck of a deal for a truck with practically no miles on it, and being as rare as this. What really burns me is that I sold a red 99 Lightning back in 2002 with 50,000 miles on it (driven year round in rain, salt, and snow) for $18,000. Surely this truck should go for $20,000 easily... that is a deal even in a bad economy! I would hate to think that people have really, really cheaped out this way. Anyone offering less than $20,000 should really be looking at other trucks with damage history, no documentation, rust, dents, scratches, and oil that was never changed.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
I have had offers of $17k, but that is just not enough for this truck. It isn't like I have to sell it, but I would like to. $20,000 is one heck of a deal for a truck with practically no miles on it, and being as rare as this. What really burns me is that I sold a red 99 Lightning back in 2002 with 50,000 miles on it (driven year round in rain, salt, and snow) for $18,000. Surely this truck should go for $20,000 easily... that is a deal even in a bad economy! I would hate to think that people have really, really cheaped out this way. Anyone offering less than $20,000 should really be looking at other trucks with damage history, no documentation, rust, dents, scratches, and oil that was never changed.

I agree buddy, the times are tough, think about this you can get a Turbo cobra, and absolute beasts for mid 20's and even some ive seen for less than 25K thats crazy.

Really if u think about it it prob wont be worth anymore next year being one year older. I got out when I could get the most for it and now im looking for something else that i want to keep for a long time so I dont have to lose money on it.

Last edited:

02_Lightning

Established Member
This will gain in value - especially over the next five years. Whoever buys it now, will be able to also make another $4,000 off of it when they sell it. This will be exactly like the 1993 Teal Cobra with the black cloth interior. People need to lose the short-sided outlook of buying a collector vehicle these days. The economy will come back, however, you still get what you pay for today. I do not see any other True Blue Lightnings that are low miles, original owner trucks, fully documented with zero paint and engine history. Even if you do find one, it probably has tons of modifications on it that kill value in the long term. I need someone that specifically wants a true blue truck. When I bought it new, I searched high and low for one and this was one of the last available in the US at that time. I paid top dollar for it just so that I could secure it knowing that it would go up in value.

SMKNGT

Gotta love a V8 Girl!
Established Member
Its rare to come across TB L's these days. Hold on to it for another year. Everyone is selling their L's right now.

02_Lightning

Established Member
You would be correct... thanks for finding this! I found the phone number to be a fax machine at the department of commerce in Seattle WA. Any idea how I can get Autotrader to take it down?

Users who are viewing this thread