true forged chicanes or ccw classics

04silvervenom

Established Member
I have a silver cobra vert and I'm deciding between these two rims. Which set of rims would be the better choice because I see guys selling their ccw's for chicanes and vica versa. Polished ,chrome or black center. :shrug:

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
I like both, I have CCW's 505a's and they look great, but polishing sucks. You can get Trueforged in chrome which would look great in chrome

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I had the black CCW's with polished lip. Sold those and just ordered some TF chicanes in satin black with chrome lip. Hated trying to keep the CCW's polished. Both look great, just so many people were getting the CCW's and again I wanted something easier to take care of. The CCW's are a good amount cheaper though

04silvervenom

Established Member
Your car looked awesome with the ccw's but if you had to suffer every time you had to clean them I dont think its worth it , whos got the time. Good luck with your new purchase , cant wait to see picts of them.:banana:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
CCW's all the way! Zoops Seal will take care of the constant need to polish them.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I got a mothers polishing ball that attaches to my drill and that helped out alot on my ccws. Im not really a fan the Chicanes though. Thats just my 0.02
COBRPIC4.jpg

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Your car looked awesome with the ccw's but if you had to suffer every time you had to clean them I dont think its worth it , whos got the time. Good luck with your new purchase , cant wait to see picts of them.:banana:

Yeah they are a real pain in the ass. Plus I like the look of the large lip on the Chicane compared to the steped lip of the CCW's. Either one will look good though. There are two or three guys local to me with CCW's and everytime I see there wheels they are all water spoted, stained and the inside barrells of the wheels look teribble. But when they are polished up for hours they do look great.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I had CCW's, not worth the trouble if you can't keep them in a garage and have it on a weekend car.. was a whore.. I repeat a whore to keep them clean.

100_0750.jpg

100_0711.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
A friend of mine has the black center CCW classics on a silver vert. Looks perfect. Search for ScottinSSMD. Not a fan of the chicanes.

SpectorV

Established Member
the TFs will have a flat lip (not double humped) and are two piece or 3 piece. The CCW wheel is generally a 1 piece wheel from all I have seen, I know the classics have bolts so not sure but the lip as it goes into the body is all one piece where on the TF's you see a line where the middle is welded on~ just some style differences to consider.

for me the flat lip looked much better vs the double hump the ccw rims have and you can get more of a deep dish with TF wheels vs ccw

Users who are viewing this thread