True Forged:PAINTED '07-'09 vents/frames (Tob-like install)

brisk_tea

Established Member
finally got around to installing these things after receiving them a few weeks ago. packaged well, and everything that would be seen looked very good. paint match looks to be 100% to me, and i'm very happy with them. my only problems were due to my big hands and arthitis. i took Tob's idea on install and improved upon it (didn't see anyone do it like this)...
to my door was in the $450-$500 neighboorhood...

use painter's tape on 3 sides to attach mesh and lower frame to easily put in the hood. due to the thickness, and they were attached - you can easily line them up to where they need to be and they stay in place.
101_4945.jpg

top-view
101_4944.jpg

once everything attached,the painter's tape comes right off and out with no proof of it being used. you can see the lower part is painted alloy (G5).
101_4947.jpg

top with alloy (G5) painted frame and black mesh
101_4943.jpg

top with alloy (G5) painted frame & louvers with black mesh underneath
101_4949.jpg

another view
101_4950.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Very nice work, Joseph. Now people will say ....sick! Very Brisk-Like!

I dig the fact that the sharp corners on the lovers will tear up a towel in a heartbeat. Need to dry the car in a front to rear motion to avoid snags.

brisk_tea

Established Member
:burnout:Very Nice Mod.:burnout:
:bowdown:Looks Great.:rockon:

thanks

Very nice work, Joseph. Now people will say ....sick! Very Brisk-Like!

I dig the fact that the sharp corners on the lovers will tear up a towel in a heartbeat. Need to dry the car in a front to rear motion to avoid snags.

yeah, learned that one the hard way. will definitely take some getting used to. i was surprised at how small the openings were in the stock vents.

Users who are viewing this thread